Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermapen Troubles

Options
jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011
My Thermapen flashes on and off erratically, to the point I can't really use it. I changed the batteries but the problem persisted. It's only two years old or so. Anyone else have this issue and, I hope, a fix? 
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Call/email thermoworks. They are excellent to deal with. Even if out of warranty their repair costs are really reasonable. Usually around $20 is what I hear most people get charged.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Contact the tech dept at Thermapen. They will either know the fix or have you send it back for repair or replacement. They are good people!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    @RRP and @Ozzie_Isaac: will do. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia