Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low and Slow Baked Potatoes?

Options
 I'm going to do a low and slow prime rib tomorrow with a reverse sear. I was wondering how the potatoes would turn out if I threw them on with the prime rib. A little later on in the cook I'm thinking.
  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I am interested in your plan with the prime rib as far as low and slow temp and time..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Never did potatoes low and slow. Should be fine. If there not done when the guest of honor prime rib is done a couple minutes in the microwave should do it.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Leave em uncovered till they have the color you want. After that wrap em up in foil to finish baking. I've done this many times on L&S when only using one egg.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • leo123
    leo123 Posts: 101
    Options
      I am planing on a temp about 225 to 250. I have a maveric  dual prob. So I'm thinking that I may pull around 120 let it rest while i crank the temp up to sear. Meanwhile I may throw those spuds back on to get spud bark.

I guess that I may be starting a new thread.

Pulled spud. (aka potato)

Maybe a winner. I have heard of mashed potatoes but never pulled potato.

Should I copyright the idea?

Let me know. I may get rich from this idea, so no one still this okay.

I
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    As long as the tubers hit 210 or so, you'll be good to go.
  • orbbq
    orbbq Posts: 39
    Options
    I've foil wrapped potatoes and had them cook for 4-5 hours at 225-250.  It doesn't hurt them at all, in fact i think it gives them a better consistency.  I think its pretty common in the food service industry to hold baked potatoes at ~200 for long periods of time.
    BGE XL in the Pacific NW