Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you do for a living?

Options

Comments

• Capt7383
    Options
    Calvin Klein underwear model
  • 3Mdawg41
    Options
    Sales Rep for 3M's medical division
  • Bbqjedi
    Options
    Baseball groundskeeper for suburban parks department.
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    cazzy said:
    IT Systems Engineer for HCA
    NIIIIIICE!!  I work in IT for HCA too...in San Antonio.  Assuming you're out of Franklin, which means, I deal with your group policies on a daily basis.     :P
    Brentwood office on the Physician services side. ECW..... YEA........  :-S
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @stemc33‌ this job sucks! It is easily the worst thing ive ever done. I do not enjoy working 0600-2300 or longer 7 days a week and getting yelled at for not doing more.

@UrbanForestTurnings‌ if there was a bus outside right now to take me back to the middle east for another tour, i would be on it so fast your head would spin!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• clifkincaid
    Options
    Residential 02 electrician. 13years.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Residential 02 electrician. 13years.
    We need more sparks on here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cam05210
    Options
    13.5 yrs selling the "Ultimate Driving Machine" (BMW) here in Charlotte, NC.  I like to drive fast and cook slow...
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Elementary principal
    Mark Annville, PA
  • milesvdustin
    Options

Do I count as a spark if I work on electronics in aviation? I was considering becoming an electrician after i retire from the service. Either that, or civil engineerinig.  

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Good question! If the avionics are still high voltage and you've had a few jolts you're in. Far too many HVAC guys on here if you know what I mean.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options

Do I count as a spark if I work on electronics in aviation? I was considering becoming an electrician after i retire from the service. Either that, or civil engineerinig.  

Nah. Pointy heads don't count.

That's coming from a pointy head in a former life.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited January 2015
    Options

@milesvdustin‌, By the time your done with recruiting, you'll have great opportunities to be a professional salesman. =)) Speaking of which, shouldn't you be focused on your senior market and helping them finalize their post high school plans. I'm sure there's some kind of Friday night school function your suppose to be at. =))

You might as well store your LBGE in the garage because recruiting sucks all of your grilling time. I suggest getting a mini or MM so you can lure kids in at table days and still enjoy a good meal. I only joke because I've been there. I wouldn't wish recruiting on anybody. I took 100% of the market share and went 10/12 in a quarter and they still told me I was a piece crap and that I wasn't doing enough.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Mclayborn79
    Options
    Pawnbroker. Yes, like the TV show. 
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    Options
    Master electrician, specialize in oil and gas.
    Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Professional bourbon taster
    Greensboro, NC
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Highest voltage on helicopters is around 300vdc, 280vac. That sucks to touch. I did light a cb panel on fire one time, that was fun.

Im actually no longer a production recruiter, just the boss man now. Its awesome having officers yell at me all day. We have a ton of seniors in pool now, i need grads for backups. Good thing im working tomorrow, but i do think this sunday is free. I might try my first brisket cook!

Speaking of salesman, i got a ridiculous (good) job offer a few months ago with a local company as the sales manager. i have to finish 9 more years as a yut yut before i decide what to do when i grow up! Sales is not in the picture...

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Professional slacker.

I do nothing but Egg, play golf, and drink beer.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Economics professor and babysitter (3 grandchildren who live nearby). Aside from bbq/grilling, I also heat with a wood stove and am always on the lookout for opportunities to scrounge wood.   Enjoying the benefits of the wood stove tonight, as it is alternately snowing and raining. 

Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Hunting Outfitter.
    GWN
  • vchelf
    vchelf Posts: 95
    Options
    I spend part of my day helping people become homeless. I also help folks take on hundreds of thousands of dollars of long term debt in a short amount of time. I am a real estate broker in Houston.
    Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE
    Visit my Victor's Vittles blog - dedicated to my Big Green Eggventures

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Work for a local Electric Motor repair shop..We are like a hospital for all Electro Mechanical repairs. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I'm just a gigilo
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    I'm just a gigilo
    Thats cool pics or it didn't happen :-\"
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    I work at Virginia State Police Administrative Headquarters, in the Installation Shop. We equip the vehicles VSP uses, across the Commonwealth. I run a team equipping unmarked cars (Impala's).
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Monday I start a new job. The last five years I've been doing "odd jobs" in the Maintenance Complex at HAFB; my immediate bosses have been great but the level above them, well, had no business in any leadership position whatsoever. My first immediate boss volunteered for Air War College to get away from "that level", my second took early retirement, and my last just left Monday for an 18-month tour of Afghanistan, which he volunteered for. 'nuff said. 

Due to a reorg, and what I suspect is some "finally realizing" the problem at "that level", I'll be working in the "Reverse-Engineering" section (which I didn't even know we had). Basically that takes a part from a plane for which we may not have any tech data/drawings (a lot of the airplanes we work on came out in the '50s and '60s) and develop drawings for it, assembly procedures, etc so we can reproduce it. This will involve a lot of CAD work, and prototyping on their new 3D printer!!!

Guys, I couldn't dream up a more fun, exciting job for myself!!! I am so stoked! 

My new boss also said he's been talking to a lot of folks who have either worked for me before, or been on various teams I've chaired, and they all had really positive things to say about me; so he also wants to eventually put me back into a leadership/management position. That, I wasn't too thrilled about; I tend to get along with people okay but I can't seem to ever get things accomplished with a team like I'd want to. I've only got two more years to go, we'll see what happens. 

I'm a happy, happy guy right now! 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @Botch Congradulations on the job. So much better to be happy.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    What happened to te damn button....like @botch agree @Mickey
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Congrats.  =D>

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Freelance gynecologist :D