Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fried Cat on the Mini (pix)

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
"Catfish" that is. ;) Lake Murray Channel Catfish caught by yours truly. :-bd

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Where's the pic Dyal??
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Sorry. They're there now. Lol. Accident hit post comment before loading them.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Dang that looks good. Where is lake murry?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You had me nervous there for a minute. @badinfluence Lake Murray is near Columbia, South Carolina.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My boss used to live on Murray. Nice meal there.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Booyowww. Catfish is underrated IMO. Looks great
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Tell me about the handle on the mini?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Fine, you didn't invite me...

Fish and chips, looks good to me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    ^^agreed. <:-P
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

I LOVE CAT FISH

The Cat Fish House in Monroe LA is fantastic

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• 10_42bbq
    Options
    Looks good! I'm not a catfish fan but it looks good enough that I want to take a bite...that's saying something.

LBGE and MBGE.  Also have a seldom used and very jealous Weber gasser. 

Lexington, SC.

• badinfluence
    Options

You had me nervous there for a minute. @badinfluence Lake Murray is near Columbia, South Carolina.

@johnkitchens‌ i thought i could smell fresh catfish tonight.

Yep truck is still broke down in columbia. Bet I'm here till Thursday or friday.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother I'm a catfish eating fool. It goes without saying that catfish is one of my very favorites. The grub looks outstanding my friend =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    @badinfluence I am sorry you are still stuck that sucks! I hope you will get your truck fixed and back on the road soon. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌ hoping tommorow I will be hammer down. We will see though

@theyolksonyou‌ leftovers are always good too.lol

Clinton, Iowa
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options

@johnkitchens‌ i thought i could smell fresh catfish tonight. Yep truck is still broke down in columbia. Bet I'm here till Thursday or friday.
    Oh boy! You're an independent trucker aren't you? So all this is coming out of your pocket - right? Sorry if you have already posted it, but how serious was your transmission problem? Any more particulars to share? I'm a fan (stockholder) of both CAT and CMI motors but don't know crapola about transmissions. Thanks in advance and I hope you get to beat feet back to Iowa real soon!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @rrp they are saying a voltage problem so they are replacing the wiring harness in the morning. I do not think that is the problem. I'm thinking the x y shifter went bad so that will be another day waiting on parts.

And yes I am independent so yeah the whole bill is mine.

Clinton, Iowa
  • RRP
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @rrp they are saying a voltage problem so they are replacing the wiring harness in the morning. I do not think that is the problem. I'm thinking the x y shifter went bad so that will be another day waiting on parts. And yes I am independent so yeah the whole bill is mine.

thanks for the reply. I'm still sorry I didn't meet you in Peoria last June when you bought that medium egg from the fireman from WI. I had to leave by 3 that day, but the fireman and his fiancé were the two that I helped use their new Large egg and get a 10% discount. I hope the charge comes in better than you expect but brace yourself just in case.image
  • RRP
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Picture just added..Remember them now?
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Thx fellas! @Chubbs , I made the handle outta some driftwood my wife and I found. It was an easy and pretty cool addition. @badinfluence‌ , PM me if you need anything at all! I'm right here bro.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very nice. I really like frying in the Mini's
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    @rrp they are saying a voltage problem so they are replacing the wiring harness in the morning. I do not think that is the problem. I'm thinking the x y shifter went bad so that will be another day waiting on parts. And yes I am independent so yeah the whole bill is mine.
    Im the shop/safety manager at my company and we have 5 of those autoshifts. When they quit working the culprit is usually one of two things. The low voltage issue, believe it or not is usually nothing more than a loose battery cable. They may appear tight but give them about a half turn and it starts working again. The xy shifter is usually next, and that is a fairly simple part swap. One thing we do see this time of year is corrosion in the harness due to the chemicals put out for slick roads. Make sure they put some dialectic grease in there when they reassemble. Good luck driver. Me and the wife run over there this Saturday to the PO off I26 to p/u a couple of loads. Hopefully your gone by then but if not we always grab breakfast there at the Waffle House on I26 there where the Pilot is.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• badinfluence
    Options
    @gamason‌ thanks for the imput. I have had 1 x y shifter go bad in the past i am hoping it is the voltage issue. They are installing the new harness right now so hope to be rolling this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest. At this point would have been cheaper to fly home and fly back when it was done.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

So by caught, you mean you were in the store and your wife tossed them to you and you caught them, right?

Outstanding meal as always, Dyal. Maybe one day you can make it down to Dallas and learn me how to fry in my Mini. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    Whatever Girlfin! =))

Can't wait to meet ya one day! Hope Duke is doing well!
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    @Dyal_SC Those are great looking pics. 

You are younger than I thought you were. I guess I am just getting older!

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    All pix with me in them are good pix, @johnkitchens‌ . B-) ;)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Good eats right there!

I was kinda hoping the title was literally true. Neighbor has been feeding some stray cats for a while and they drive me nuts.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    nice fish and chips the fish looks good to
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now