Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Post - Salmon with Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze

Options

Solson005 for sharing the recipe that could be found here:

I received my Big Green Egg on Christmas morning from my wife (well actually a BGE Christmas ornament because she had no way of hiding it from me).  Ever since I've been egging and checking out this forum daily. So here's my chance to reciprocate.  

I've only done cedar plank salmon in the past but my wife wanted my to cook it direct on the BGE so I accepted the challenge.  I was feeling pretty confident about attempting this until I took the salmon out of the package to find that there was no skin.  I proceeded anyway a little stressed out and preheated to 400 degrees. 

I cut (3) 6+ounce strips off a Coscto salmon fillet and brushed with vegetable oil and seasoned with salt and pepper (lightly).  I applied the glaze after I put them on the grill and closed the lid for 5-6 minutes.  Then the moment of truth...I went to flip them and they were not stuck. They flipped easy and I glazed them again and inserted a probe and cooked them until IT of 145 about 4-5 more minutes.  We were very happy with the results and we will be making this again.

imageimageimage
Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  

Comments