Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should I be concerned? OT

Options
So I had to take my daughter to ER for stitches today. Good news is she is fine now. Minor cut. Had it been my boy we probably would have just spit on it and went on with business. But it was my daughter and it was her face so I guess you have to protect her future beauty, or at least so says mom. The disturbing part is the nurse who cleaned her up and sent her home. Check out his pocket. Forks are everywhere my friends!!!!
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Hey, he has to be a good guy! He had a fork!
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Think I saw that fork in the throwdown.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    We have to stop this now, or pretty soon everybody will have them....    :((

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Forkin ridiculous
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hope you're not in Columbus. Buckeye will have a fit!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am sorry about your daughter. That is a brave man. There is no way that I would put a fork in my mouth that was exposed to all of the cooties in the ER! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I wonder if he saw you take that picture. I'd love to hear you try and explain that one..."no dr I'm not a weirdo, I just frequent an online group of BBQers that likes to cook on these here clay grills and we like to pick on some guy that has something against forks...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    What did you do, take your beautiful daughter in during lunch hour?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options
    WTFork?  

Hope your daughter is ok.  Don't use any peroxide on the cut.  Just use Polysporin on it.  You can also use some Vitamin E later on to help with any scaring.  

meredith, r.n.
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OSHA would have a field day with that!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I have accepted as a challenge from SWMBO the art of taking pictures of folks that have no idea. You kind of have to plan for the photo, I hold the phone in all sorts of peculiar positions and fake laugh as though to be reading something. Then with camera silenced, sneak in the pic. It's a sick little game I like to play. @jaydub58 we took her at 10:30 and finally left at 2:30. Busy day in Hillbilly hell, I mean the ER. That place is brutal. @Chicklet, if you work in ER, I admire you. That is a strange breed of folks that come in there. Wow. Daughter is good and thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I definitely needed the laugh it provided me at the time.
    Columbus IN
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Jeremiah‌ I wish I could like that more than once. The amount of chop bustin' between strangers here has to be unrivaled.

glad your daughter wasn't seriously injured, but you may have to convince her the scar adds character as a teen.
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    I agree with chicklet. Also, a small scar is sexy, in due time.
    McKinney, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Lmidkiff said:
    I agree with chicklet. Also, a small scar is sexy, in due time.

Agree, without being creepy to your daughter. My wife has a chickenpox scar right between her eyes and I love it.
  • Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options
    Egghead_Daron !  Never, ever a dull moment.  The people we see everyday is a great study in sociology.  You will never hear or see me say, "I have seen it all" working in that place.  As soon as I think I have, I see something else that proves me wrong.  
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    This post is an indication that you are in dire need of group therapy. It is very disturbing that during a severely traumatic moment, all you could think about is the docs fork and it's potential relation to this forum. Brilliant.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Are you sure that wasn't simply an emergency mustache comb?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    It probably is a sad commentary on my thought process that I noticed the fork but I am ok with that. I have never claimed to be normal. And at the time it was about 2:30 and I still hadn't lunch. So in fairness the Egg was on the brain anyway knowing that I wasn't going back to work so I might as well just plan a cook.
    Columbus IN
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    It probably is a sad commentary on my thought process that I noticed the fork but I am ok with that. I have never claimed to be normal. And at the time it was about 2:30 and I still hadn't lunch. So in fairness the Egg was on the brain anyway knowing that I wasn't going back to work so I might as well just plan a cook.
    I was kidding of course. I thought it was hillarious.
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    I'm intrigued by the fork. what's the symbolism here?
    Fighting Sioux Hockey