Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Big Green Egg Headquarters in Atlanta

I have been considering visiting the store, but wondering if it is really worth the trip. I live 1 1/2 hours away but was wondering if I was missing out on anything. There is a store locally that sells Big Green Egg products. What do you think?

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Its nothing super special. If you have any cracked internal egg parts bring a picture and they will replace them on the spot. Thats about the only time I ever go there.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    I would think that the mother ship would have all of the BGE pieces-parts and options/accessories. Some dealers may have after-market and or other brand accessories.  It all depends on the choice of "toys" :) 
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Wait till after they move. From what Ive been told the new place will be worth the trip. Not sure of the move date but shouldn't be much longer!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• onedbguru
    Now if we can get them to move their manufacturing plants to the USofA... so we can have AMERICAN MADE products.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited January 2015
    @onedbguru‌ the company that makes the ceramics is an American company with most of their manufacturing here in the States. The egg factory is the only wholly owned ceramic factory outside the U.S. There is a JV in China. They own factories around the world, but the majority of the employees are right here.

Not sure if that matters to you or not...

edited for poor grammar...
  • onedbguru
    didn't matter a whole lot.... I still bought BGE products  :) 
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    onedbguru said:
    Now if we can get them to move their manufacturing plants to the USofA... so we can have AMERICAN MADE products.

Tell me you are kidding. This is another product made in China? Before our purchase of the BGE, we purchased a MasterBuilt Electric Smoker which is headquartered in Columbus GA.  That too was made in China.  The smoker was defective right out of the box which convinced us to buy a BGE.

I wish more American companies would make the products here in the USA as well.  I do not trust any Chinese made products that come into contact with my food.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    gamason said:
    Wait till after they move. From what Ive been told the new place will be worth the trip. Not sure of the move date but shouldn't be much longer!

yeah, they'll time the move in the same way they timed the release of the XXL and the MiniMax.  it'll be any day now....

I thought that was pretty funny!

• LadyGT
    Has a location been announced? I am hoping it's less of a drive than current one. lol.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    LadyGT, Mexico, not China.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eh, I went fairly recently.  Yeah there's some discounted stuff there, clearance accessories, but couldn't go back into the factory part, so pretty much all I got to see was the showroom.  Kind of cool to say you went and saw, but like others said, if you could I'd wait until they moved.  
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Eh, I went fairly recently.  Yeah there's some discounted stuff there, clearance accessories, but couldn't go back into the factory part, so pretty much all I got to see was the showroom.  Kind of cool to say you went and saw, but like others said, if you could I'd wait until they moved.  

Agree. Lots and lots of stuff. Depends on if you want BGE branded accessories. They likely have it if you do.
  • LadyGT

Well, Mexico is better than being made in China. I think. lol.

We really don't need anything, but would be in the area so why not? I was looking forward to  watching some cooking demonstrations since we made our purchase in November. It would be nice to see how a pizza was done since I have never made one on a grill before.

• Sameday
    Sameday Posts: 43
    LadyGT said:

Well, Mexico is better than being made in China. I think. lol.

We really don't need anything, but would be in the area so why not? I was looking forward to  watching some cooking demonstrations since we made our purchase in November. It would be nice to see how a pizza was done since I have never made one on a grill before.

They have some videos on their website on cooking a pizza.
    http://www.biggreenegg.com/pizza/
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231

For what it's worth, I was told an hour ago by my dealer in Atlanta he new HQ will not sell products. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    LadyGT said:
    Has a location been announced? I am hoping it's less of a drive than current one. lol.

Hopefully Wyoming. No corporate tax in Wyoming means they can sell cheaper eggs.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    The move is this Thursday. I was there this past Saturday. The guy working there was not sure if they would be open Wednesday or not. 
    Suwanee, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    ChuckR said:
    The move is this Thursday. I was there this past Saturday. The guy working there was not sure if they would be open Wednesday or not. 

is it still in Tucker? I had not even read that they are moving. Is it for a larger building? Better access? Consolidating other storage locations? I didn't think they had been in their present location that many years, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    I was told there is more space. A set area to have their cooking classes which they want to have more of. I was told even a BGE museum. Don't know how they will do that. If you know Atlanta it is going to be right at Spaghetti junction. So that would put it a little closer to Atlanta.
    Suwanee, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    ^^^that's not a big move geographically, but will be way more convenient than that Tucker local. That place seems further off the beaten path than it really is.
  • LadyGT
    ChuckR said:

I was told there is more space. A set area to have their cooking classes which they want to have more of. I was told even a BGE museum. Don't know how they will do that. If you know Atlanta it is going to be right at Spaghetti junction. So that would put it a little closer to Atlanta.

Not familiar with Atlanta at all. I avoid it because of the traffic. I live 90 minutes away in a small town so it is overwhelming to be there.
  • They are moving this week or next. I would definitely go, but I would probably wait until the new location is set up. 
  • ATLpat
    ATLpat Posts: 3

Yesterday was the last day at the Tucker location.  The new place will open on January 30, but they're keeping the location a secret.

• Its off Chamblee Tucker and 285 in NE Atlanta.  Much bigger place. 

Tucker did not house ANY manufacturing.  All they did was warehouse and assemble parts.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• RRP
    DaveRichardson said:  

Tucker did not house ANY manufacturing.  All they did was warehouse and assemble parts.

Hmmm, I wasn't aware that BGE did ANY manufacturing there and only assembled parts. What do they manufacture?
  • That's what I said....  They only warehouse and assemble.  Ceramics are Hecho en Mexico.  I know that building very well; before it was BGE.  There is no way on earth they can make products there.

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    ATLpat said:

Yesterday was the last day at the Tucker location.  The new place will open on January 30, but they're keeping the location a secret.

No not a secret location. Its off I85 south just south of 285 on the north side of Atlanta. It Is right next door to the Corvette dealer on the access road.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• RRP
    That's what I said....  They only warehouse and assemble.  Ceramics are Hecho en Mexico.  I know that building very well; before it was BGE.  There is no way on earth they can make products there.
    Since you know the building et. al. what is the appeal to the location? Better visibility, access for customers and trucks incoming & outgoing? Some one said earlier in this thread they were told the new site was not going to have retail anymore - guess that's why I was wondering the desire to move from the present site...just curious that's all!
  • NoobZero
    NoobZero Posts: 177
    It will definitely have more visibility. The Vette dealer can be seen from I-85.
    Atlanta GA. 
  • Visibility is much better at the new location.  Old building was about 1.5 miles off the interstate and down in a hole.  Very difficult for large trucks to get in and out of easily.

Not sure about the no retail thing....  Don't know the NEW building that well.  I can imagine that storage will be better since its in a warehousing/retail district. 

I'll try to drive by there this weekend if I get a chance!