Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unbelievable game against an unbelievable team

What a game! We layer so horrible until the last 4 minutes of the game. I guess every minute counts!

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Any other coach but Mccarthy would br fired. Horrible puke job. Hawks benefit. Be honest with yourself. Your right, ain't over til its over.
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    edited January 2015
    Yea we played horrible on offense. Defense did amazing.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    That was one hellava game!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Almost went to do something else at halftime, glad I didn't!  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    ****....that sucked balls. Hate seeing all these damn arrogant seahawk fans get their super bowl call right. The pack totally gave that crap to the hawks. Outside of Cowgirl fans, I don't think there is a fan I dislike more.

Not directed at you fletch... You're very tolerable and are actually humble.

Outstanding plays by Wilson at the head. Great throws!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Good game, the pack choked. I still fail to understand OT in the NFL, might as well decide it with the coin flip.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• NPHuskerFL
    To go on record. You and my buddy Kevin (a Husker Fan as well) are the only Seahawks fans I can tolerate thus far. Hawks turned up the heat in the 4th. A W is a W.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Packers definitely choked in the last few minutes. Bunches of missed catches. Can't do that and win.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Thanks @cazzy‌ and @NPHuskerFL‌ . I enjoy football but it's not worth my blood pressure to get arrogant about it. Again, the Packers did an amazing job. Hopefully we play a bit better in the Super Bowl.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited January 2015
    That's a fantastic attitude. Although I admit I'm a obnoxious fan. I do my best to NOT be arrogant about it. I've been a Bronco fan since I was knee high to a stick horse so I get emotional with every game. Thankfully my BP is okay. Lol
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    My son is a pack fan. I don't know why as he's never been further north than Knoxville. Anyway, I was downstairs playing with the youngest, cam upstairs "looks like your packers are going to the super bowl." Went back down, came back for last 2 min or so. He immediately accused me of the jinx. [-X
  • Second half was a good game. It was the Pac's game to lose, still kinda stunned. I have no horse in this race. My team has been playing golf for a few weeks now. ~X(
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • theyolksonyou
    @Eggingaround‌ falcons and Georgia tech. Nuff said...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited January 2015
    I obviously missed the best part of the game. With a little over 2 minutes to play, the Pacs was leading by 2 touchdowns. I said to myself, self this one is over. Got up to go dump and when I came back the Hawks had won. Going to have to watch the replay to see what happened.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Wild 4th quarter.  Hoping for a different result, but Seattle showed why winners play 60 minutes and not 56 minutes.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • The last quarter of that game was ridiculous.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,596
    I think I will have a Super Bowl party this year instead of going to one. That way I can man the egg and not have to watch. Nothing against NE except I'm tired of them and Seattle? Cannot stand Pete Carroll - all of the arrogance started with him. He's effective, but can't stand him.

But, this is just my opinion, if those are your teams, then hearty congrats - fun times for sure.
  • Seahawk players make me sick. Sobbing that God has ordained them the NFC champs by virtue of their deep love for one another - until the next contract year. It comes from Pete Carroll, a master of cheats and thugs from his USC days. Of course, I might root for Seattle over New England. BTW, God was watching over my sous vide pork tenderloin last night - I can't stop crying for how blessed I am, how blessed the pig was, and how much I love my dinner companions...
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    If Seahawks play like they did in first half the Pats will run away with it. How a team wins with 5 turnovers is beyond me
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • theyolksonyou
    @jeroldharter‌ that pig may beg to differ on his level of blessedness.
  • cazzy
    I think it should be a great game.  The Pats have proved all season that they can win many different ways, and they certainly have to unleash some new wrinkles against the Seahawks.  Seattle brings a lot of momentum and you definitely can't count them out at any time.  As Chubbs alluded to above...Seattle can't turn the ball over 5 times against the Pats and expect to win.  Looking forward to watching this match-up.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    Seahawk players make me sick. Sobbing that God has ordained them the NFC champs by virtue of their deep love for one another - until the next contract year. It comes from Pete Carroll, a master of cheats and thugs from his USC days. Of course, I might root for Seattle over New England. BTW, God was watching over my sous vide pork tenderloin last night - I can't stop crying for how blessed I am, how blessed the pig was, and how much I love my dinner companions...
    petes a cheat and thug
    :D when he coached here in new england i viewed him as a cheerleader on the sidelines
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Bears fan here; but was rootng for GB. Rodgers is like the franchise quarterback - and son - I never had lol. On a side note, Cutler owns a Green Egg, and was talking about it on his weekly show once. Almost decided to drop my BGE off my balcony that day.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    odie91 said:

Bears fan here; but was rootng for GB.

Huh? :-t
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Both of my sons are very happy this morning, grew up on the Pacific north west coast and have been SeaHawk fans all their lives. Makes it very tough to be the only NY Giants fan in the house, where did I go wrong? 

Anybody hear what was up with Sherman's arm, man did he look like he was in some pain?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • It wasn't until we finished putting the floor in that I noticed my wife had picked out Seahawks as our paint for our basement.  I guess Im gonna have to keep all of the Bears stuff upstairs and get myself a Sherman or Lynch fathead…

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Chubbs said:
    If Seahawks play like they did in first half the Pats will run away with it. How a team wins with 5 turnovers is beyond me
    Look what happened to Oregon (+4 on the turnovers).  I was very happy with the outcome, but almost did the same thing as SGH.

You're right though @Chubbs Hawk are going to have to play the way they did the week before or the last 2 min. to beat the Pats the way they looked yesterday.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • cazzy
    It wasn't until we finished putting the floor in that I noticed my wife had picked out Seahawks as our paint for our basement.  I guess Im gonna have to keep all of the Bears stuff upstairs and get myself a Sherman or Lynch fathead…

Beautiful space!!!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited January 2015
    I hope the overpasses in the fox valley were heavily guarded against jumpers last night. I have never seen anything like that in my life. 15 points in 44 seconds? Reminded me of Reggie miller against the Knicks like 20 years ago giving spike Lee the choke face as he daggered the Knicks for 8 points in 8 seconds.

None of my friends in the valley have surfaced yet to take their medicine. They are probably dead or wished they were from the crippling hangover they all certainly have.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Let me rephrase @logchief‌, how a team only scores 6 points off of 5 turnovers when Aaron Rodgers is QB, Lacy at RB and Cobb and Nelson at WR is beyond me.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013