Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Walked into the hardware store for a light switch, walked out with...

Options

A large BGE in a table with all the fixins.

The store was offering 15% off all items in the store, including BGE stuff.

Now...what to do with my medium...hmmm..

I have a butt ready to go for tomorrow.  Doing a moderate temperature "cure" cook as we speak.

ACE Hardware in Cayce, SC is the store in case anyone else wants to take advantage of the sale.

LBGE and MBGE.  Also have a seldom used and very jealous Weber gasser. 

Lexington, SC.

Comments

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    That's one expensive light switch way to go.

One can never have to many Eggs...just ask my wife she'll tell you.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @10_42bbq. Nice score! I assume they are your dealer for your medium which is why you went back? @Dyal_SC‌ and I can get you 15% off at Jack Oliver's anytime and they are a dealer that actually cares. Cayce Ace was a total nightmare for me to deal with for. Few years. After 6 months of waiting on a small cast iron grate form Ace who said they couldnt order it until they had a full truck, I was happy to see JO come into the picture. Not trying to steer you away if you are happy, just wanted to let you know about Jack Oliver's.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Froman
    Froman Posts: 201
    Options
    Hah! Similar thing happened To us. Wife went in to get some rub. Came out with mini max!
  • rtbarry
    rtbarry Posts: 33
    Options
  • 10_42bbq
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    @10_42bbq. Nice score! I assume they are your dealer for your medium which is why you went back? @Dyal_SC‌ and I can get you 15% off at Jack Oliver's anytime and they are a dealer that actually cares. Cayce Ace was a total nightmare for me to deal with for. Few years. After 6 months of waiting on a small cast iron grate form Ace who said they couldnt order it until they had a full truck, I was happy to see JO come into the picture. Not trying to steer you away if you are happy, just wanted to let you know about Jack Oliver's.
    I appreciate the info.  Where is Jack Oliver's?  The only reason I visit the Cayce Ace Hardware is it is convenient to my home and work location, but I would be willing to travel a bit more out of my way for stellar service.

Lexington, SC.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome score brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    10_42bbq said:

Now...what to do with my medium...hmmm..

You nudge her to the side, introduce them to each other, and celebrate being a 2-Egg family!   :-bd

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eggingaround
    Options
    Nice light switch! Congrats on your new addition.
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    Options
    Did you get the light switch also ?? Nice Score !!
    Danville, Il
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    @10_42bbq‌ it is on forest drive before belt line on the left. The old "Good Wood" store. Great dealer
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Reminds me of the joke about a guy who goes into kmart to buy kotex and leaves with a fishing boat.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    mshump said:

Did you get the light switch also ?? Nice Score !!

Beat me to it. =))
    Welcome! You'll love the egg and this tight knit community. Enjoy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • 10_42bbq
    Options

@NPHuskerFL and @mshump yes I actually did remember the light switch!  It was to replace a non-functioning bathroom light in our master bath, so SWMBO would not have let me set foot in the house without it (although I haven't installed it yet, uh-oh!).

Lexington, SC.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    You get a egg and I'm still stuck here in the hotel in cayce. Hope the truck will be done on tuesday.

@chubbs I did go to the burger place thanks for that tip it was pretty good.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa