Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini max price?

Options

Comments

• 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    @tinyfish Thanks for the recommendation, however Toronto is about 2100 miles away from me
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I was at Meadow Creek BBQ in New Holland, PA this week and they had at least one, $649 including plate setter.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Dealer cost (east coast) is $380, I know because that is what I paid for mine.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Less than @jaydub58‌ paid for the KJ Jr. including PS and a bag of RW.
    Really Husker?  You got a sweet deal...$500 is about as good as I have heard.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2015
    Options

Less than @jaydub58‌ paid for the KJ Jr. including PS and a bag of RW.

Really Husker?  You got a sweet deal...$500 is about as good as I have heard.  

Got super lucky & locked in with first announced price of $399 + PS included and one bag of RW vs crap I didn't want or need + Uncle Sams cut. That was the price originally before they decided to go with $599 MSRP and they let it go because I had prepaid nearly 8 months in advance. But, not as lucky as @NCSmoky‌ ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    Still had to pay tax and cost on PS was $29. I am friends with my dealer and he lets me have most egg stuff @ cost.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    NCSmoky said:

Dealer cost (east coast) is $380, I know because that is what I paid for mine.

That's a pretty serious markup. We use a .40 divisor for parts markup and less on equipment. That's a almost a .58 divisor on markup. Unless dealers pay extra for shipments but, I don't believe that's the case. Well I guess there needs to be profit or what's the point of keeping the doors open. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    Price will probably come down when supply catches up (maybe?). As it stands a MM is more expensive than a small w/nest @ my dealer.
  • Froman
    Froman Posts: 201
    Options
    I just one today. Paid $608 with ash tool, starters, bag of lump, thermometer and a thing of the BGE dizzy rub. I didn't take the place setter. Going to buy a woo/stone combo from CGS
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Froman said:

I just one today. Paid $608 with ash tool, starters, bag of lump, thermometer and a thing of the BGE dizzy rub. I didn't take the place setter. Going to buy a woo/stone combo from CGS

You'll love it. Perfect for a lot of cooks. Enjoy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Trying to avoid making this purchase because I think my Small will do most of the cooks I'd do on the Mini Max. but dear lord I want one.....
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Trying to avoid making this purchase because I think my Small will do most of the cooks I'd do on the Mini Max. but dear lord I want one.....
    As I fellow small owner I feel the same way.  If I had it to do over again I might get the MM over the small, but having both doesn't really make sense for me.  Maybe one day if I make friends with a dealer :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    The up side of the MM is it being portable so they say. Personally i think the little bigger is to heavy to carry by myself. Remember though i am only 140 lbs and walk with a cane so a little mre difficult then for most. But still like mine.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Froman
    Froman Posts: 201
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It is heavier than I thought. With my back that acts up sometimes I have to be careful. And make sure I bend the knees!

If I had a small I'm not sure I would get it. Unless that extra portability is worth a lot to you. Camping my, tailgating etc. I mainly got it to use for most of the cooks where I don't need all the space. And to have the option to move it.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The up side of the MM is it being portable so they say. Personally i think the little bigger is to heavy to carry by myself. Remember though i am only 140 lbs and walk with a cane so a little mre difficult then for most. But still like mine.

I agree Larry. I can carry it, but I wouldn't want to carry it very far. It is however pretty easy for two people to move around with one person on each handle. Definitely more portable than anything except the mini. Of course the mini needs an egg carton.
  • DaveShady
    Options
    598.00 at our shop. yes that is the BGE retail on it in IOWA anyway. I have heard for less in our state and when I call to check stock they never have any I have 4 sitting here now after the first 2 sold out quickly. Dealers do have to make money to keep the doors open folks. when you have over 25K in just egg inventory you still have to pay the bills bla bla bla. I know its easy to cut down dealers for making money but that is why we are in business in the end. 

That being said if your in IOWA central or eastern drop me a PM and if your looking for an egg ill fill you in on a one day only store wide promo that might help you out a lil on not having to pay full retail  =D>
    User, Abuser of the Big Green Egg Clinton Iowa
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @pgprescott‌ hey Pete do ya all carry the carton for the minis?

I like the MM for my soon to be food truck for the extra grill space and to be able to put it on a counter. But as far as wanting to carry it from a truck down to the beach or something. Naw i will pass.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @pgprescott‌ hey Pete do ya all carry the carton for the minis? I like the MM for my soon to be food truck for the extra grill space and to be able to put it on a counter. But as far as wanting to carry it from a truck down to the beach or something. Naw i will pass.

not at the moment. I thought about getting some, but was reading about there being a backlog at the time and then it just kinda fell off my radar. Sorry.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm all for dealers making money but sometimes some sense with a savy buyer has to come into play.

With an.upcoming eggfest I offered my dealer to make me an offer close to an eggfest deal I was moving on. Not the same I would have gladly paid $150 maybe $200 more to the dealer, even on a demo unit he didn't budge I moved on.

I bought my mini from him but $27 per charcoal bag no thanks, not much I need from that place at the prices they ask but hey more power to em. I did find a dealer 20 mins away I purchased several things at eggfest from that was more than reasonable and offers great prices.to egg customers when he can.
    Seattle, WA
  • GreenWave36
    Options
    bought one today, $598 + $55 for the platesetter... dealer threw an ash tool and bag of charcoal for free...
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Beezlebub says do it! Do it! :D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @SkinnyV‌ agree buyers should be savvy. Good move.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    After having, using and falling in love with my Mini Max, I'm quite content with the money I spent.

I'll be even more happy with my purchase when I take it to the lake and the beach this spring and summer.

You're going to love your Mini Max.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Ahhhhhh The Beach with the MM! Heavenly and a must with a Corona and Lime. Insert Beach music. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

$704 out the door in Tempe, AZ ($650 retail + sales tax), platesetter was extra and I think I paid $49 for that

worth every penny and after using it, I would have paid more!

• JNJGoeders
    Options
    I paid $624 for MiniMax, platesetter, ash tool, grid lifter, bag of BGE charcoal, and a box of BGE firestarters...My dealer is an awesome guy, I always pay him cash, and he always treats me right!
    Iowa, 1 BGEXL, 1BGEMiniMax, a truck, a camper and some horses and atvs :D Let's play!
  • sshipe
    sshipe Posts: 2
    Options
    Just walked out the door with the MM & Carrier at $515 plus tax in Nashville. Will make Egg number 3.
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Do they ever have the MM on discount at egg fests? Or just LBGE usually. 
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    Saskatchewan: $789
  • DixieEGG
    DixieEGG Posts: 27
    Options

Package Price (Egg, Plate Setter, ash tool, 10# bge charcoal + starter) $599

Egg Only - $529