Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Eggspectations.......

EddieMac
EddieMac Posts: 423
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had my BGE for a year now, used very heavily, and had a ton of successes and only a couple of failures. Most importantly I've learned valuable lessons from both the goods and bads. And the information and guidance I've gained from the folks on this forum has really been invaluable![p]I've low-n-slowed four briskets thus far and have had decent success. However, with the help of my local butcher I had my best brisket experience this past weekend. He found a top-notch whole brisket for me and I threw it on the BGE on Saturday night, used Dr. BBQ's guidance, DP's CowLick.... and it came out like butt-ahhhhhh!
You have to start with good meat to have a chance at a final product to be proud of and it all came together.[p]I rank this right up there with hitting that 160-yard, 7-iron and having the ball land softly ending up 3 feet from the hole for the birdie putt...and then sinking it! SATISFACTION.[p]Getting better all the time......And having fun!! THANKS!![p]Ed McLean
Ft. Pierce, FL

Comments

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    eddiemac,
    WOHOOOOOO!! Congrats on the brisket! When they come out great there is little that can deliver that type of satisfaction!

• eddiemac,[p]That 160 yard 7-iron was a 1/2 swing, right ?!?!?!
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    SmokinBoB,[p]That 160-yard, 7-iron is a nice, regular swing for me....At 6'7 and 300lbs. I CAN hit 'em a lot longer but a WHOLE LOT wronger - and Lord knows I seem to hit more than my fair share of those. I'm a lot better BGE'r than I am a golfer - that's for danged sure! Absolutely stink at golf but love to play![p]Golf weather is pretty good here in South Florida....IF you like it perfect! Didn't get out of the 50s here today and that's pretty brisk for South Florida! Nary a cloud in the sky![p]On my home course "Gator Trace" we have a short, 311-yard par four. As the crow flies it's 285 yards and I drove that green about three weeks ago. It's a bit of a blind dogleg and can't see the green from the tee. Those fellas that were standing on the green are STILL cussing me....and rightfully so! Still can't find that ball![p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL[p]

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    eddiemac,[p]Saw it's spoze to get in the TWENTIES tonight...brrr.[p]Citrus should be sweet this year.[p]Big T