Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives

Options
butert
butert Posts: 202
Does anybody else have an obsession over this show?  I love Friday nights, they consist of drinking whiskey and watching this show. 
Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Yes! I obsessively refuse to watch anything with that guy. Can't stand him! That what you meant? :D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• butert
    Options
    I do not like his cooking shows but I love seeing all the different foods he has on this show.  Gives me some ideas!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Yeah, I like DDD, thanks for the reminder it's on, gives me something to have on in the background.

And the hand made noodles that were just on? Wow, that would be cool to learn how to do. Just roll the dough out and then spin and twist in alternating directions until you have noodles.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • butert
    Options
    Yea that was crazy!!  I need to leave to Wok like this guy.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I enjoy ddd, but didn't get into grocery games. I went to a bbq joint he went to in south of sf, and it was meh lol
  • butert
    Options
    The grocery games show is stupid, I do not know how they even allow that on TV!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I watch it all the time , even re runs
    just like the food.

One of my all time fav episodes is the crazy burger guy, he made up his own words its pretty funny.
    Seattle, WA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If I had to watch either fieddy or mixon, I'd pick cspan.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I enjoy DDD. Guys personality makes the show. Yes he's over the top at times but he fits the show perfectly. Always seems to be having fun. Better than 95% of other show hosts on tv.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Im a fan, like Guys BIg Bite too.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Guy is way more obnoxious than Giada's over enunciation of every italian word and he doesn't have any of her redeeming characteristics.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Acn said:

Guy is way more obnoxious than Giada's over enunciation of every italian word and he doesn't have any of her redeeming characteristics.

LMFAO i hate that about Giada.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    imageimage
    Flint, Michigan
  • NervousDad
    Options
    I watch it and enjoy it. I wish I could have cable with just the Food Network,Discovery and AMC.
    Aurora,OH
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Definately a DDD fan.  I watch the recorded episodes from the Hopper on my pad.  Not a bad job traveling around eating.

LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Options
    I've watched it. Actually caught the Hawaiian episode while in Hawaii on vacation. Went to Nico's at pier 38 for lunch a couple of days later. Place was packed and the seafood was great.
  • butert
    Options
  • butert
    Options