Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SWMBO came home with a MM!!!

Options
Froman
Froman Posts: 201
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
I can't believe it! I sent SWMBO to local egg dealer to see how much the dizzy rubs are...and she came home with a MM! I've been talking about them and making my case for a few weeks. No thanks to the forum I "had" to have one

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That's just awesome man. She is a keeper for sure!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    My wife tried to sneak me one for Christmas. But I found it in the barn. I was tickled just the same.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Love MiniMax picture with the Mini Egghead. Start em young.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Froman
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Weird. Can't get my whole message to post. Darn mobile.

I can't believe it! I sent SWMBO to local egg dealer to see how much the dizzy rubs are...and she came home with a MM! I've been talking about them and making my case for a few weeks. No thanks to the forum I "had" to have one

I can't believe it! I sent SWMBO to local egg dealer to see how much the dizzy rubs are...and she came home with a MM! I've been talking about them and making my case for a few weeks. No thanks to the forum I "had" to have one . When she saw one she thought they were cute and thought it would be nice for "her egg".

She did call me to consult on the package. Got a bag of lump, starter squares and a container of the dizzy pig cow lick, MM and standards that come with it for $608! I had her skip on the place setter. Going to order the woo and stone.

I'll play around with it this weekend. I need to go read the recent MM posts more carefuly. Like... Can I do a long low and slow with it!?

Oh. My three old thinks it is her grill.

First SWMBO lets me get a Large for Father's Day. And now this! So excited!!

The gasser is a good storage unit for now.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Why did you paint your grass white?
    NOLA
  • Froman
    Options
    Ok... OT - iPhone emojis screw up your posts. So there is the full story.

Hah. That's called "snow". It's fun... Except it comes with cold. ;)
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    @Froman .. rubies, pearls & diamonds in her future?
    I'd say so, she's deserving!
    Or lotsa great food, for sure!
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    You have an awesome wife!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Very nice gift from the little lady! You are a lucky guy. Cute pic of your daughter by the egg. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    You've got a fantastic Wife. Definitely good eats a many in her future....Annnnd
    The Aunt Jemima Treatment - Stripes (6/8) Movie C…: http://youtu.be/hYq75Gm4UdI
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I love your wife
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SGH said:
    That's just awesome man. She is a keeper for sure!!

Agreed!  Your wife is pretty cool too!  
    :))

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good any day!  Congrats on the education and the positive reception your work achieved.  You may want to buy a lottery ticket!  Enjoy and "pay-backs are hell but clearly deserved in this case!"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Your going to like it. Don't forget to get a Woo.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Congrats.  You're going to absolutely love the Mini Maxx!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    In reference to the other thread on SWMBO, this is why :))
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • mitch2264
    Options
    Good deal!  Sounds like a deal she got on it.
  • butert
    butert Posts: 202
    Options
    Thats awesome!  I found a small "brand new" on craigslist for 400 that i'm trying to convince my wife to let me buy!!  She doesn't understand why I need another one when I already have an XL...... 
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
  • Froman
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @butert I can see the benefits of owning two. And a smaller one. From what I've read easier to get hot. Uses less lump and can cook more things! My wife was sold once she saw the smaller one and thought she would like to try and BBQ on it. She said the smaller one is less intimidating.

I plan to order a woo and stone tonight. Just have to decide if I'll pull the trigger on the R&B combo AR for my large. :)
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats on the great wife and the new toy...

Many many happy years with both :)
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Congratulations on the new edition...The MM will be perfect to do those "Chicken Wings".. 8-}
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    She is a keeper
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • bosco0633
    bosco0633 Posts: 383
    Options
    Awesome story!!
  • mitch2264