Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Sous vide Saam pork belly steamed bun.

Options
Hi,

I've been trying lots of experiments since I got a sv machine. Most cooks have been good but there are rooms for improvement. Yesterday meal:

Marinated the belly with ginger, scallion, soy sauce, honey, mirin and garlic powder. Left it in the fridge over night. Before heading out to work, dropped it in the bath @ 77 C for 10hrs. After drying the belly, cut it into desired pieces and a quick oven broil to crisps the skin. (This is where I would have loved to used the egg but to much trouble to light it up and sear only a small portion of meat)

Used the 'juice' in the sv bag to make a glaze. Strained the liquid and reduced until thick.

At the mean time, steamed the bun with a bamboo 'steamer tray'. Got the store bought frozen one which turns out to be not that great. I will be making some homemade next time.

Assembled everything: steamed bun, a little of hoisin sauce, Boston lettuce, pork belly, drizzled some reduced sauce, cilantro. Voilà! (Missing some picked veggies which I didn't have any on hand)

Have nice day everyone! Cheers!!

Comments