Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hickory Smoked Turkey Ham

We enjoy having smoked turkey ham for breakfast now and then. So today was perfect for smoking another one. It turned out really well. Some cheese I smoked with it not so good.

This time I decided to go light on the smoke. Used hickory and smoked low temperature about four hours. I was curious to see how the longer, lower-temp smoke did. It was good for light smoke effect.

Here's some photos along with some marks to show that it was cooked in Texas at the Chicken Ranch.

image20140823_174219 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

image20140823_181535 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

image20140823_181544 by springchickentexas, on Flickr

I saved some for slicing because it makes a nice sandwich. The rest I cut into little 3/4" square cubes to go with breakfast.

They also go well in beans, greens, omelets, salads, and anything else where bacon, ham or ice cream is served. (No it doesn't go with ice cream! I can't believe you actually wrote that. Take it out! No! I'm telling your to TAKE IT OUT! No! Pow! Crash! Bang! Ummmmmp! OKAY! OKAY! I'll take it out %#@!$#&.)

Freedom to say what you want is getting to be a problem for the voices in my head.

Spring "It Goes With A Muddy Blairy Too" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    I haven't eaten turkey ham in years. Those little chunks might be good fried in chipotle infused olive oil.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX