Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Midweek Flank Steak

Options
Acn
Acn Posts: 4,424
I haven't egged for a bit, but had a chance to this week - an afternoon/evening with no errands to be run or other domestic tasks to be done.

I had a flank steak in the fridge, so I seasoned it up with Santa Maria style rub and let it come up to room temp:

Put it on raised direct around 375, and let it go for about 20 minutes, with some frequent flipping and turning, since there is a hot spot in the back of the egg.

I also dropped it to the lower grate to get a little extra color, then rested for about 10 minutes while one of the sides heated up. Sliced, and we had dinner last night and leftovers to go on our lunch salads for the rest of the week, and maybe flank steak tacos for an easy lunch or dinner this weekend while repainting one of the bedrooms in the house.
imageimage

Thanks for looking.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments