Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Special Request #1

2»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Nice butt
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    The homemade drip pan make perfect sense to me and the food looks awesome, but the computer stuff is way beyond my comprehension.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Nice work on a Sammy I would devour. Sounds like you're burning the candle at both ends. Yes on the drip pan (have made some in the past). Now hopefully you can figure out why the outlet you needed for the Stoker wouldn't work (maybe a GFCI tripped in the circuit). As always good to see your cooks.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    edited January 2015
    Good looking grub and nice set-up...

I have Comcast as well 105/10... pretty happy with the service. :) I may have to look at consolidating my external HD's into a Drobo or similar set up.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Damn I'm doing good to stay solid to 4G LTE & Wi-Fi. I wish I had a network set-up like this. SW EEEE T!!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    That looks incredible. Way to go :-bd
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Looks great Caz!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    hapster said:

Good looking grub and nice set-up...

I have Comcast as well 105/10... pretty happy with the service. :) I may have to look at consolidating my external HD's into a Drobo or similar set up.

Drobo isn't too bad at all. @nolaegghead‌ also has the Drobo 5n and likes it too. I still think I'd go with the Synology 415 Play though. Drobo has proprietary redundancy, so I like the flexibility to do Synology's own or standard raid configurations. Either way, it's cool having one big a$$ share.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Dude, nice food, and nice rack!

A bit cleaner than mine...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    That sandwich is huge, but looks scrumptious brah!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Looks amazing!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Great looking sammich, and data rack, I do similar rack, and data tech installs every now and then also, looks great, very tight.
    :-B :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    cazzy said:

texaswig said:

I have 8/2 for 35 bucks a month with my own modem. The best I can get is 30/5 for 60. So you are getting a good deal. Who's you isp?

Comcast. I know a lot of people dont like them but everything has been solid thus far. Using my own modem too.
    Tsk Tsk, Caz. I tried to tell you... It'll seem like Concast(not a typo) will be softly stroking and
    caressing you until you realize they have your nuts in an ever-tightening vise.

Just you wait until they merge with Time Warner:

http://youtu.be/KMcny_pixDw
  • I thought they changed their name to Xfinity because the Comcast "brand" was so **** awful.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Great lookin sandwich. Miss your posts.

Little Rock, AR

• hapster
    DMW said:

How do you like the Netgear? I have that one upstairs in my office and the matching extender down in the living room... Love em' now my music and sports are nice and strong on the deck instead of dropping out
  • cazzy
    hapster said:
    DMW said:

How do you like the Netgear? I have that one upstairs in my office and the matching extender down in the living room... Love em' now my music and sports are nice and strong on the deck instead of dropping out
    The nighthawk is pretty pimp.  Friend has one and i'm pretty tempted to pick one up too.  My current router is stable as hell, so whatever upgrade I eventually do, it has big shoes to fill.
  • DMW
    @hapster
    I replaced an enterprise grade 802.11n AP with the Netgear. Coverage is MUCH better than before. I got the R6700 from Costco, and the router feature set is rather blah. However, I wasn't all that worried about that. I'll probably end up just putting it in AP only mode and using a dedicated router/UTM.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • hapster

DMW said:
    @hapster
    I replaced an enterprise grade 802.11n AP with the Netgear. Coverage is MUCH better than before. I got the R6700 from Costco, and the router feature set is rather blah. However, I wasn't all that worried about that. I'll probably end up just putting it in AP only mode and using a dedicated router/UTM.

The R6700 got most of the house pretty well, but couldn't get out to the egg consistently, this solved the problem nicely. Now I'm getting the speed I'm paying for all over

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-ac1200-dual-band-wireless-ac-range-extender-with-5-port-ethernet-switch/3708011.p?id=1219093056786&skuId=3708011
  • tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    I thought it was a wifi enabled sous vide water oven

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Why do you guys need all that stuff? I have the router box thing and a small 10” dish that gets a signal from an antenna on a mountain. That stuff looks similar to the stuff that was installed in my Recruiting Station so that we had secure wifi.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • hapster
    stemc33 said:
    Why do you guys need all that stuff? I have the router box thing and a small 10” dish that gets a signal from an antenna on a mountain. That stuff looks similar to the stuff that was installed in my Recruiting Station so that we had secure wifi.
    For me... it was handling the load of several wifi pieces of gear running at the same time and maintaining the faster speeds on the gear... I also like the security features to keep others from using my wifi and accessing my network
  • DMW
    edited January 2015
    stemc33 said:
    I'm a network geek in my day job. The rack in my basement has rotating inventory, based on what I'm learning at the time and need hands on access to vs. remote. The Cisco 2511 router is a terminal/console server so I can log in to the console port of any piece of gear down there from my office. The HP microserver is running VMware and hosts FreeNAS as a storage server. I can spin up/down any image I need to to test stuff. The server/laptop up top also host VMware and if I need more CPU/RAM resources than in the microserver I power them on and can spin up images hosted on the FreeNAS on the microserver. 

Let me know if you have any other questions re: my setup, happy to answer. :smiley:
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    @DMW like the microserver I have one as well.... But he is about to be retired just picked up a Lenovo TS140... 
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    edited January 2015
    DMW said:
    stemc33 said:
    I'm a network geek in my day job. The rack in my basement has rotating inventory, based on what I'm learning at the time and need hands on access to vs. remote. The Cisco 2511 router is a terminal/console server so I can log in to the console port of any piece of gear down there from my office. The HP microserver is running VMware and hosts FreeNAS as a storage server. I can spin up/down any image I need to to test stuff. The server/laptop up top also host VMware and if I need more CPU/RAM resources than in the microserver I power them on and can spin up images hosted on the FreeNAS on the microserver. 

Let me know if you have any other questions re: my setup, happy to answer. :smiley:
    I'm a network security geek at the day job.  By the time I get home the only networked tech I want to deal with is Xbox One and PC for gaming.  I refuse to even get a CyberQ since it only runs 802.11b and will drag the wireless PC speeds down with it :)

Oh, and another great NSFW take on cable companies:
    http://youtu.be/0ilMx7k7mso
    Pentwater, MI
  • DMW
    @ShadowNick - FYI the Stoker Wifi II is 802.11b/g/n now. I was planning a dedicated AP for a wifi controller if I ever got one, not needed now.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• cazzy
    edited January 2015
    DMW said:

@ShadowNick - FYI the Stoker Wifi II is 802.11b/g/n now. I was planning a dedicated AP for a wifi controller if I ever got one, not needed now.

I have a drop on the patio for my Stoker. :wink:
  • DMW
    cazzy said:

I didn't realize it even HAD an ethernet port. Now I'm really glad I just ordered it vs picking up a CyberQ.

Have you dug into the software of the Stoker at all? Is the API documented anywhere? I know there are apps already out there, but I'm starting to get back into coding (casually at best) and thought it might be a fun project.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Great looking pork on pork!!

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• cazzy
    DMW said:

cazzy said:

DMW said:

I didn't realize it even HAD an ethernet port. Now I'm really glad I just ordered it vs picking up a CyberQ.

Have you dug into the software of the Stoker at all? Is the API documented anywhere? I know there are apps already out there, but I'm starting to get back into coding (casually at best) and thought it might be a fun project.

I don't believe it is. I would call support and see if that is something they can provide you directly.

Their current interface is web based and pretty clunky. I'm all for you coding skmething!