Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who claims to have the best burger?

Options
2»

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    The Sean Brock can make a cheeseburger.  Great technique here; http://www.foodrepublic.com/2014/10/21/husk-cheeseburger-we-bow-down-here-how-make-it-hom

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    These were put in vacuum sealed bags - three going on the grill tomorrow night.

6.25 lbs from Costco, 85/15, made 9 burgers. (11 ounce burgers)

Stuffed with artichoke/spinach/Parmesan dip, mushroom slice, caramelized shallots.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Jucy Lucy. Hatch Chile. Not too much I don't like on a burger.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oops, sorry, wrong argument.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    DieselkW said:

These were put in vacuum sealed bags - three going on the grill tomorrow night.

6.25 lbs from Costco, 85/15, made 9 burgers. (11 ounce burgers)

11 oz?! That's not a burger, that's a meatloaf! Made meatloaf a couple of days ago. 16 oz beef. Fed two of us and we're having leftovers tonight. Might still have enough for a sandwich for lunch tomorrow too.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I love a thin-n-crispy SMASH Burger -  the technique originally from serious eats (link below) 

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Boatswain
    Options
    Everyone who has eaten my burger says it's the best they've ever had. I'm not saying it's the best, cause I haven't tried them all.

Start with a finely chopped onion and a few jalapeño's, usually 2-3, and sauté with some bacon grease or butter until the onions are light brown.
    Next spread the mixture on a small plate and toss in the fridge/freezer to cool.
    Then take some quality beef, I usually go grass fed 85/15, and press it against the sides of a mixing bowl.
    Salt and pepper how you like it then crack an egg in the center, check to make sure the onion and pepper mixture has cooled to at least room temperature, and mix everything together by hand.
    Form your patties and grill on your cast iron grid preheated to 450-500.
    2min flip, add cheese of your choice and grill 2min more.
    Take them off and let them rest for a couple of minuets and enjoy!

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    I love the smash burger .. attached is the article on how to make it.image
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Jerald
    Jerald Posts: 46
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @fljoemon - On a trip this weekend they had a grill out back at the rental property.  I tried to get it going but could not get the charcoal hot enough. It was a mess.

I decided to bring the burgers in and fry them up.  As it turns out, they were very good.  I received tons of compliments for simply frying up burgers.

For the record, I sill prefer my Green Egg.
    Bub - Flower Mound, Texas.  

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Great title - lol.  Now all of us who respond are egomaniacs.

Ground sirloin. Seasoned with spg, worchestershire, spiracha, bread crumbs to get the right consistency, one egg, some finely diced onions.  Stuff burger with extra sharp cheese.

Grill bacon on large flat CI and set aside.

Grill burger and char on onions in bacon fat on CI

Garlic butter some rolls and toast on grill

Assemble burger and put a fried egg on top as an option.  (I love that option)

This pic has no bacon or bun - instead garlic mashed potatoes

Phoenix 
  • Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    edited May 2015
    Options

I use 50% sirloin and 50% chuck.  Freshly ground.  

8 oz. patties, salt and pepper only.  

Egg at 500 degrees with my Lodge cast iron griddle.  Flip several times while caramelizing onions and mushrooms.  

Toss on some Cooper sharp cheese, remove and rest while rolls toast to a golden brown. Slap a little mustard only.  

Kennebunk, Maine
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    My green egg has made me a better cook in every way spare the burger. I have never cooked a burger on my egg that was nearly as good as I used to on my old CharGriller or Webber.  Then again, all I cooked was burgers on those and now I never think to cook "just burgers."   I need to practice and get my burgers on the Egg down.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Lots of great ideas on this post, bookmarking it!
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    My neighbor and I were talking about having a burger contest for the Memorial Weekend get together.  I may just take my meatloaf recipe and add some cheese to do mine, but some of these so far look great.  I to have bookmarked this thread.  I am wondering if I grilled the burger on the egg first then  finish it with butter in a CI Skillet would be good.  Bacon I think will have to be involved. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.