Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT…Sous Vide Breakfast Ideas?

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm looking for simple ideas for breakfast cooks that I could pull off at work besides the basic poached/soft boiled egg. Some what healthy would be a plus. lol
We do have a kitchen with water, fridge, freezer and microwave.
Thanks again
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Scrambled eggs are really cool when done SV.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    is there enough time for steak, you could presear it on the egg, its supposed to taste even better that way from what ive read
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Scrambled eggs are really cool when done SV.
    Will try soon, thank you.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    is there enough time for steak, you could presear it on the egg, its supposed to taste even better that way from what ive read
    Steak is good. I have done steak, chicken, turkey, pulled pork and chops and it works great.
    Have not come up with any real breakfast meal winners yet.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Haven't tried it myself yet ... casing-less sausage idea from MCAH... sous vide sausage mix slab,  then slice into 'square' sausages and sear/grill.
    canuckland
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Haven't tried it myself yet ... casing-less sausage idea from MCAH... sous vide sausage mix slab,  then slice into 'square' sausages and sear/grill.
    Sounds great, will try that at home. Can't pull that off at the office. lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    with the scrambled eggs mentioned, maybe some sort of breakfast buritto with salsa, avocado?
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited January 2015
    Options
    with the scrambled eggs mentioned, maybe some sort of breakfast buritto with salsa, avocado?
    great call. We are all big fans of breakfast tacos down here (This is how you can tell if someone is from Texas- we call them breakfast tacos while the rest of the world calls them breakfast burritos), you can get them in most gas stations, food trailers, libraries, and your mama's house. Hell, they even sell them at many bbq joints (they have figured out that they are there early cooking the Q for lunch so they found a way to make some money by opening the register early and serving breakfast tacos).

We eat them 2-3 times a week. It's not uncommon to have some sort of tacos for breakfast lunch and dinner in these parts. I would have to say, breakfast tacos are my favorite breakfast of all. Bacon,Egg, Potao, and cheese on a homemade (or quality fresh store bought) tortilla. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

If you can toast English muffins at work you can do eggs benny

( http://www.sousvidesupreme.com/en-us/eggs_benedict.htm )

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Options
    great call. We are all big fans of breakfast tacos down here (This is how you can tell if someone is from Texas- we call them breakfast tacos while the rest of the world calls them breakfast burritos), you can get them in most gas stations, food trailers, libraries, and your mama's house. Hell, they even sell them at many bbq joints (they have figured out that they are there early cooking the Q for lunch so they found a way to make some money by opening the register early and serving breakfast tacos).

We eat them 2-3 times a week. It's not uncommon to have some sort of tacos for breakfast lunch and dinner in these parts. I would have to say, breakfast tacos are my favorite breakfast of all. Bacon,Egg, Potao, and cheese on a homemade (or quality fresh store bought) tortilla. 
    Well i am from New Mexico and a breakfast taco would be folded  :-? and a burrito would be "rolled"... but yeah whatever you call it it is good... SV eggs are really could add a some butter and chives the fluffiest scrambled eggs i have ever ha 
  • aem
    aem Posts: 146
    Options
    How long do you cook scrambled eggs and at what temp?  I haven't tried sv eggs yet because the cook time is too long - I can't wait that long!
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    yogi84 said:
    I followed this http://nomnompaleo.com/post/12410947238/sous-vide-scrambled-eggs
    but used a zip top bag.....
    That looks real good but not sure I would call them scrambled eggs. lol
    More like an omelet .
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas