Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody with a chember sealer do this?

Options
Last night I cut up a pork tenderloin to do souvlaki with tonight. It was too early to put the lemon and oil base marinade in so put it in the chamber sealer and sealed. I asked the wife to open the bag and put the marinade in when she got home from work. As I am getting older and never had a long attention span to start with I forgot to take it out of the sealer and put it in the fridge. This is probably the fourth time I have done this. Is it just me?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Years ago I asked a neurologist about forgetfullness.  The doctor said it's ok to forget where you parked your car, but it's not ok to forget you had a car.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    OK I understand. I should have pointed out that with a chamber sealer you put the bag inside the machine and after a preset amount of time (30 -100 seconds) the sealer does its final seal and beeps when complete. With the conventional sealer the seal is done the product is already outside the machine. The bag is on the counter. Only a real old fart could forget that.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    I've done something similar few times ... not leaving sealed meat in the chamber but forgetting a couple of bags on the side table when sealing many many packs of sausages, bacon and smoked cheese.  For me it's almost impossible to forget stuff inside the chamber because, being OCD, I don't let the lid swing open on its own ... I kind of use my hands to cushion the 'violent' swing.
    canuckland
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Maybe we could update the advice.  If you forget some chicken in the chamber sealer, don't worry.  If you forget some wagyu beef, it's time for a checkup :)  I forgot some leftover hanger steak on the counter the other night, kind of a bummer.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Maybe we could update the advice.  If you forget some chicken in the chamber sealer, don't worry.  If you forget some wagyu beef, it's time for a checkup :)  I forgot some leftover hanger steak on the counter the other night, kind of a bummer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yN-6PbqAPM

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Old age is a b itch, eh? :D

I've never forgotten the food. I've forgotten the cooker though. image

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    ...now that's funny. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    edited January 2015
    Options

Old age is a ****, eh? :D

I've never forgotten the food. I've forgotten the cooker though. image

At least its not frozen shut ;) Bet that lump is hard to light though.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • stonedog03
    Options
    Old age is a ****, eh? :D I've never forgotten the food. I've forgotten the cooker though. image
    Thanks for that LOL....Needed that today!
    XL BGE  -  Jackson, California
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Ozzie Isaac, my egg has never frozen shut. Never been thru a winter without my rutland gasket. I'm convinced that's the reason.

And I used every bit of that lump. Just dusted the snow off and good to go. Too cold for the snow to melt.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

If this continues, you'll be old and HUNGRY.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I left a $75 prime brisket on the table next to the garage fridge last summer. Found it 3 days later when I went to cook it. Was not pleased. It was really puffy and jggly after 3 days in 110 degree garage.  :-&
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I left a $75 prime brisket on the table next to the garage fridge last summer. Found it 3 days later when I went to cook it. Was not pleased. It was really puffy and jggly after 3 days in 110 degree garage.  :-&
    CT lights his farts with lit Benjamins.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options

And I used every bit of that lump. Just dusted the snow off and good to go. Too cold for the snow to melt.

Good deal about the lump! I left the lid open on my gasser during a rain storm. Rain flooded my drip tray and covered all my tools and whatnots I store underneath in grease and drippings. Made a mess on my brick patio too.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Ouch, that hurts my friend!
    canuckland