Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to quickly shred/pull Chicken/Pork/Beef

Options

So I read this a while back on this forum but forgot about it until yesterday when I made ten pounds of grilled chicken breasts for shredded bbq chicken.

If you have a stand mixer (Kitchen Aid) throw the cooked meat in bowl, use the mixing attachment in the bowl, turn on, and watch it shred! took me 3 minutes to shred 10lbs of meat!

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I like it! Chicken salad too. Thanks for posting.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dEX5coddlUs

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    This is awesome. That is my biggest annoyance with shredded chicken(using 2 forks). 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Really cool tip! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Interesting... Id like to see a video of that. 
  • Carolina Q
    edited January 2015
    Options
    stompbox said:

Interesting... Id like to see a video of that. 

Did my link not work? Usually, they imbed. This one did not.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Ah. First link was mobile. Guess those don't imbed.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Awesome tip! Thanks. That alone was worth the price of a forum membership ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Yea it works awesome
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A much more upscale version of the power drill / bucket approach. I might actually use this one.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Thanks! Will be trying this soon?
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE