Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going Dark on Social Media

Options
12346»

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    @johnkitchens‌, I think people lurk on forums. I've never heard of a FB lurker, on FB it's called a FB stalker.
    @stemc33 you are probably right. Lurker just means looking and stalker sounds so crazy! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Nt

@SkinnyV

Interesting. :|

Ah, well.

B-)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Ok I'm late here but what the hell is a Facebook or a twitter? Some new seasoning?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Rickl
    Rickl Posts: 23
    Options
    Brother Husker, as you can see from my post count on this forum I am pretty much a stalker and not a talker.  But I cannot resist saying this:  I just hope that you don't find out the kid is having too much sex.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Rickl said:

Brother Husker, as you can see from my post count on this forum I am pretty much a stalker and not a talker.  But I cannot resist saying this:  I just hope that you don't find out the kid is having too much sex.

Is there such a thing as too much sex? It all ends when you get married anyways so enjoy it when you are single.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is there such a thing as too much sex? It all ends when you get married anyways so enjoy it when you are single.

Well . . . whatever the vice, apparently all you have do is abstain from it (whatever it is) for a day or so in order "to simply teach a lesson".   /:)

Whatever works, God bless.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Rickl‌ at 20 I don't think it's possible. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Rickl
    Rickl Posts: 23
    Options

@NPHuskerFL, just didn't want you to have to give up something else just to teach him a lesson. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Rickl said:

@NPHuskerFL, just didn't want you to have to give up something else just to teach him a lesson. 

=)) =))
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Side note. Whether people want to believe it or not prospective employers often check these things before hiring and can be used for termination. It is a 100% fact. It's easy to hide behind a computer etc and spout crap but, there are sometimes real consequences that follow as a direct result.

Not only that, but even if you delete your account, FB still owns and caches everything you posted.  Third party companies have been capturing everything posted there for years so that companies can go back and see the "archived" version of you.  HR dept, private investigators, etc can pay to access any of this 24 hrs a day.

Read the fine print and you'll see that FB has the right to exploit ANY photo you post.  There have been a lot of people that have taken and posted some very dynamic photos/videos.  Then they get PO'd and want $$$ when they see them go "viral" on the news.  Nope--too late.  The photographer may own the copyright, but they gave Facebook and unconditional license to do whatever they want with it forever.

I have a business FB account, but do not have a personal account.  This causes all kinds of issues when it comes to tagging, commenting, or messaging on FB.  They try to force you to sign up personally, but it's not happening. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited January 2015
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    @NPHuskerFL
    I personally feel that social media can be a very positive part of our lives. Face it, it's here to stay and growing. 

That's what they said about myspace.  Now the kids are running away from facebook as well.

I am agressive about my privacy.  Some people don't care, and that's ok. 
    Phoenix 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    blasting said:

TigerTony said:

@NPHuskerFL
    I personally feel that social media can be a very positive part of our lives. Face it, it's here to stay and growing. 

That's what they said about myspace.  Now the kids are running away from facebook as well.

I am agressive about my privacy.  Some people don't care, and that's ok. 
    Let's get aggressive. Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Let's get aggressive. Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/
    It ain't looking good for them brother husker.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    They better listen to you, and quick!! Manning is looking his age tonight.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

Rickl said:

=)) =))

Are you the master of your domain?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Fuuuuu
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL. Time for #7 to make hard decisions. 
    #18 looks bad. Coaching staff looks bad. 
    Retool time IMHO.
    Brock.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Tonight was a major disappointment. The offense looked terrible and defense could not apply any pressure. A sad end but easier to swallow than last years SB beat down. I say that Manning is done, something happened to him this season he just lost his arm.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    something happened to him this season he just lost his arm.
    He is one of the all time greats for sure. But Father Time catches up with everyone eventually. Atlas he has caught brother Manning. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Peyton now had lost more in the playoffs more than any other qb in history.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    It's going to be interesting next year, Denver is facing some cap issues and may not be able to keep everything in tact. Other teams are on the same boat and next year may be a lot of shake ups in the NFL. So can Brady make it to another one or not?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options

It's going to be interesting next year, Denver is facing some cap issues and may not be able to keep everything in tact. Other teams are on the same boat and next year may be a lot of shake ups in the NFL. So can Brady make it to another one or not?

Rivers old. Alex Smith can't throw past 5 yards. Peyton retiring.

The autumn wind is coming.
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    He might be on the dark side of the moon. The man ain't going back. Cut funding. Only safe place to hideimage
    @UrbanForestTurnings‌ details on the photo please. What set up? Love to shoot pics myself.

Sent you a message on the picture. Don't know if I sent it correctly.
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I am happy to have you back Husker! I am even more sad to see what I saw out of Peyton last night. I am a Colts fan forever but any good Colts fan still has a special place in his heart for Peyton. I really hoped he would find a way to go out as a Super Bowl MVP but I fear his time is extremely limited if not already over. Welcome back and nice work on a teachable moment with your son.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • BigGreenGator
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ glad you noticed the Chicago vid :) It got no likes :( I was assuming no one like like humor lol

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I liked it @BigGreenGator‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Peyton now had lost more in the playoffs more than any other qb in history.

Being a Vol fan I naturally love Peyton but outside of that, the guy has class. Even more so than the average player that represents decency. He gives abundantly to many charities, shields his family from the circus he works in, is never negative, takes responsibility and can speak proper English in an interview.
    I love and respect all the Manning family because they represent things that are missing in sports. Class. It's not necessary to pull for the victor...but a winner.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Eloquently put Tony. He's a gentleman, scholar and a true professional. He represents what we all want in a professional athlete. I hope he stays and proves all the talking bobbleheads wrong.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014