Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Easy Inexpenive Table

Options
SanDiegoMike
SanDiegoMike Posts: 25
edited January 2015 in EGG Table Forum

Here is a super easy BGE table to build. I purchased the legs from Home Depot for $41.00 - they are Edsal work bench legs. (you get 2 legs one for each end for the $41.00) They were gray, so I painted them with Rustoleum dark green paint and they match the egg perfectly.  I did have to order them and delivery took 2 weeks. You can order at home from the internet too. Then you just purchase the wood, screws and paint or stain. You can make the table as long as you want by the length of wood you purchase. I did not have plans, just winged it. Since I built it in December of 2014, I have added a stainless towel holder (old fridge handle that looks really nice) and some hooks for tools. I also added casters so I can roll it. Keep in mind if you add casters that you will need to drill new holes closer to the main leg in the center. The wood and egg are too heavy to use the existing holes and the feet will start to bend. The base wood is 2x4's turned on their side and screwed together. This gives the necessary support to the egg and makes the table solid. Sorry, could not find instructions on how to post a pic, so try looking at my profile pic. Total price of project was under $100.

LEGS:Edsal    Model # 5709, 32 in. H x 30 in. W Flared Fixed Height Work Bench Legs  Store SKU # Chat Offline

Comments