Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork advice...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey fellow eggers,[p]I'm looking for some advice on pulled pork. The short background is as follows: My wife gave me a large egg for Christmas. I have been monitoring the forum for six weeks or so - great information. I put a 5lb. Boston Butt on at 9:30 last night with a dome temp of 200* Woke at 4:30 to a 185* temp, adjusted the vents and woke to 210* [p]The meat temp had been staying at 150* for quite some time, so I bumped the dome temp to 250*. The internal temp is now 158*. We have plans and I need to finish by 5:00 this evening. I hate rushing things, but like it has been said many times before - it always seems to take longer than you planned.....[p]Thanks for a great forum and excellent information! One last question - I hate the taste of mustard (don't want to offend anyone..), so if I ever decide to "slather" a Boston Butt or ribs, should I expect to have much mustard taste on the meat? Thanks in advance for your advice.[p]Wade

Comments