Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how much more area.....

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does the extra large have compared to the large, is it equal to having a large and a medium or smaller?
Jut call me
Chef " keeping an eye open for an XLBGE " Wil

Comments

• Me, the xtra large in not quite double the size of a large but bigger than a large and a medium put together if you can vision it out.
    Thank you to me and math 101

• Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]You probably did this already area =3.14(r*r)
    XL BGE 3.14(12*12)=452.16
    large BGE 3.14(9.12*9.12)=261.17
    Med BGE 3.14(7.5*7.5)=176.62
    Mini BGE 3.14 (4*4)=50.24[p]a large and a medium are 14.37 square inches less than one XL
    the remaining space is roughly one 4.25 inch circle.[p]Hope this is right or I'll get flamed.

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

I contemplated XL vs L BGE, for the same money I am going with 2 larges for the same coin.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Chef Wil
    Options
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    enlighten me plz, 2 larges for the price of an xl ???

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Eggfest Demo prices, roughly $1100 for two larges with decent set-up. Pays to shop around.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]Actually, it depends more on how you are cooking! Direct grilling and not putting any meat over the fire ring one XL has 22" diameter so about 380 square inches. The large would be down to 16" so about 200 square inches. Its kind of nit pickin but gives you a better idea just how much grill space there actually is on the XL.[p]Next question, going for four, or are going to do trade up?[p]Scott

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    The main thing I like about the XL is there is plenty of room to cook 3 or 4 things at one time and not light 3 eggs.Here is a picture I posted the other day cooking on the XL.I think you will really enjoy the XL Wil if you get one.
    Larry

[ul][li]XL Egg[/ul]
  • Chef Wil
    Options
    eggor,
    I am not decided on the trade up or jus gotta have another......LOL[p]I'd hate getting rid of my set up, 2 large eggs and a built in gas burner, all built on a steel table with huge swivel casters but someone made an offer thats hard to pass up. I may have to get 2 extra larges, I can use dat in muh bizness...... <wink>

• Chef Wil
    Options
    YB,
    its your fault I am thinking of it, honestly. I had seen your pic of the assorted foods being cooked all at once. AND ..........
    there is always the question of :
    How many ribs can be cooked at once on this monster........LOL