Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where can I get a Cast Iron grate for a Mini?

Options

Does anyone make a cast iron grate for the Mini..?

I use that a couple of times a week and it would be great if I can find a grate!

BE

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

Glenbeulah, WI

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    BGE has one but it isn't listed on the corporate site yet for some reason. Part #10CI.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1148259/enjoying-my-mini-ci-grid
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

Hmmm...maybe someone on here will have one they want to sell.

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Rrp cut one from a larger rectangular grid.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    I ordered ine from my dealer. Easy peasy. But....I don't own a Mini
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You do understand the grate is where the lump sits. The grid is what you cook on. Just to be sure.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If you have the stainless cooking grate I personally prefer it. The cast iron grate can slide all around the woo cause its just flat on the bottom. Also alot of the cooks on the mini are high heat so you burn the seasoning off every cook and have to make sure you Pam it after every cook.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Cast iron cooking grate is available through BGE, any dealer can get one.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    BGE part number 10CI.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I use the one that craycor sells I think. Got it when I bought a spider and a woo for my large. The grate fits on the spider in the large for searing at the coals, and it also fits like a GLOVE in the minimax. I can sear it, and then toss in the woo and close it down and cook the steaks raised up and works perfect. Does slide around on the woo, but even the ss grate does.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax