Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going Dark on Social Media

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @henapple you can come back now.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    caliking said:
    @henapple you can come back now.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @SGH‌ That must be a huge unit to fit that in it. I'll tell him.
    That is, in fact, what she said. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    He's doing the Dad thing trying to show our Son there is life after Social Media and texting. He's outside cooking and taking pictures. I can't believe he isn't on here! I'm never on here so I logged on to see for myself. He's in convulsions wanting to share his cook. He drives me bonkers with all the pictures and lighting and and and. I guess it's better than other things he could be doing. I'm sure he'll come back but, he was pretty adamant about proving his point.

@HuskerMaMa‌ he's a good guy and whatever he decides to do, it'll be the right thing. If he decides he can balance the forum with real life, I'll be glad to see his cooks again, I've learned some cool stuff from him, like the lollipops and deboned chicken. Tell him I said hi and all the best!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • HuskerMaMa
    Options
    @blind99‌ he'll appreciate that I'm sure. His lollipops are one of my favorites! Deboned chicken he hasn't done that for us in a while. Thanks for reminding me. Lol
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    AUCE said:
    Social media works in concert with the fed. Sharing.Big brothers wandering eyes

The man just saw that
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Hopefully he will be back soon. Tell Blake he is missed. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Blake, come back!!!!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

Husker..be good..drop back every once in a while.

If you don't mind can you let us all know what happened and why you are going dark

If not on here..maybe you can message me.

Bill

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• slheinlein
    Options

Recent events have made me rethink social media and my personal involvement in it. I have deactivated FB and Twitter alike at this time. And as hard as it is I am doing the same here for now. So, until then egg on my egghead friends. Egg on.
    Why?  I get Twitter and FB, but a forum?
    Large and MiniMax
    Mont Vernon, NH
  • BigGreenGator
    Options

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• StillSmoken
    Options
    I'm glad he's teaching his son this lesson, but I hope he gets into the beer and post again soon
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

Spend some quality time together...POST A DUO WITH YOUR SON..

Keep him up until midnight..the future of the BGE community is counting on you !!!!

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is it just me that thinks this whole thing is odd? :-? Blake leaves the forum and then @HuskerMaMa‌ starts posting. She's only posted twice since July. Sure hope she didn't lock him in the basement to get control of the MM or something. If he is locked in the basement, she's probably torturing him with great Eggaromas, but feeding him Swanson frozen meals. One never really knows the truth when dealing with WebFriends. I will say it's nice to hear positive comments about Blake. The comments aren't always so nice when somebody leaves or disappears. Hopefully @NPHuskerFL‌ breaks out soon and regains control of the BGE's. image
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited January 2015
    Options

7000 posts says you may need a break brother.

Mom used to say too much candy makes you sick to your stomach....pace yourself.

Go cook something.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    Options
    @stemc33‌ are you giving those away? Is there a contest? Firewires?
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    He might be on the dark side of the moon. The man ain't going back. Cut funding. Only safe place to hideimage
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Feel free to use that photo. It's mine. I see everyone yanks off the net.without permission. Don't want the man to get you on account of me. Wouldn't have any egg friends
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Hey @HuskerMaMa‌ how were those steaks last night?! Free Blake!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

He might be on the dark side of the moon. The man ain't going back. Cut funding. Only safe place to hideimage

Nice shot!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Bump..... For brother Husker.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options

@UrbanForestTurnings‌ details on the photo please. What set up? Love to shoot pics myself.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

A WHOLE COW???

Holy cow 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options

A WHOLE COW???

Holy cow 
    Yeah I'm waiting to see how he pulls this off myself. @sgh
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Yeah I'm waiting to see how he pulls this off myself. @sgh
    Unit #9 will easily hold a whole cow and two medium size hogs at the same time. Unit #9 is a formidable smoker for sure. I have the door bracings positioned to allow me to use the fork lift for loading and unloading whole carcass. The fork lift takes a lot of the aggravation out of it. Unit #1 and Unit #7 will both sit inside of Unit #9 at the same time.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Help me understand the reasons.
    I use Facebook and Twitter all the time. What should I be afraid of? I have nothing to hide, and don't give out any important personal information.
    I thought social media was a good thing.
    Are people just overreacting? What am I missing?
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Jerald
    Jerald Posts: 46
    Options
    Social Media is a real problem. I suspect that most folks do not understand the risks associated with it or it simply would not exist.
    Bub - Flower Mound, Texas.  

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    The problem is that the older generation understands about putting yourself out there on social media.  The younger generation does not.  They too easily give up information and talk to people when they have no idea who they are.  Just because their profile says 16 year old male/female from down the street doesn't mean that they are that person.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @TigerTony‌ it had 0 to do with hiding. I have a unique name and there are only a few of us left here in the States. I have no reason to hide in the shadows with a tin foil hat. This was a "hey the world will keep spinning without FB, Twitter, Instagram, The Forum, text messaging, email, etc". It was to simply teach a lesson to our Son. Without divulging to much info that was the gist. Nothing more. I enjoy the Forum and had no intention of being gone long. I'm surprised I made it over 24 hrs. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL