Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where is the MINI love?

Options

What the Mini needs is a nest like the Mini Max..it will be the better portable

It is much lighter...still cooks well for 2-3...and you can clean out the ash..

Where is the love...where is the lo..ouve

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

Glenbeulah, WI

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    There is a carrier for the mini the carten. Its aluminum so its even better than the mini max carrier cause its light and doesn't heat up.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Lit said:

There is a carrier for the mini the carten. Its aluminum so its even better than the mini max carrier cause its light and doesn't heat up.

Is he still making them?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Me thinks that love will have to come from the after market guys as I seriously doubt BGE will be spending 2 pennies toward any kind of product supporting the mini. You even have to wonder how soon, if not already, that production of the Mini has already stopped. After all why offer a Mini when the Maxi-Mini is the new golden goose at a much higher price?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @Chubbs‌ last I heard he had started making them again. No longer call the egg carten just the carten..
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I assure you that the mini is loved. Look at this towable table that I have for my mini. I also have a motorized carrier for it as well. Have you ever seen any other size egg receive such love and respect? imageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

Yeah but at $200....the mother ship said you cant' make anything with the "egg" reference on it.

I work for a company the has sheet lasers and I can have one cut if someone can give me some dimensions.....uhum...@LIt

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• mgunders
    Options
    Carten is still available, they replied to an email I sent them back in November. I have the Minimax but think a Mini may be in my future as well.
  • freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Options

the mini is for sure my next purchase.

I would also love an egg-carten because portability with a ceramic is where its at imo.

Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior