Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A BGE forum fan asked a favor.

Options
124»

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    This is what I'd call epic, seriously.  Sorry to hear about your BIL, stay strong.
    btw, if I may ask, is that your injection syringe?

canuckland
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    B-)
    =D>

Fwiw butter only camp here, but looks damn good.
    Seattle, WA
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Speaking of butter, I recently got 2 pounds from a nearby Amish store in Kalona, IA. There is no comparison to the big dairy producer stuff. Next time I am there I will buy more. I will have to try injecting it, perhaps in a brisket flat, as they can come out a bit dry also depending on how the cut cooks up. Thanks for the idea @SGH.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
     if I may ask, is that your injection syringe?

That one is just a el cheapo I brought out here for a one time use. This cook was happening at my job location so I was limited on how much stuff I could feasibly bring.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Canugghead
    Options
    I thought so, no way that could be your normal syringe.
    canuckland
  • SGH
    Options
    @Canugghead‌
    Sorry for my short answer earlier today. I had just got the word that my BIL had just passed away when you and I were communicating. Thus I will now clarify on the injector my friend. I have several that I really like, but this is the one I recommend the most. It will hold one gallon of liquid and due to the fact that you can pressurize it, you can blow a pork shoulder up to basket ball size if you so chose. I have injected whole hogs in less than 10 minutes with this unit. The ability to shoot at high pressure is a huge plus. Especially on carcass or massive primals. Again, sorry for the short answer earlier brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Scott, my condolences to you and your family ... you guys will be in our prayers.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Canugghead
    Options
    @SGH sorry to hear about your BIL's passing, my condolences to you and your family. Take care brother.
    canuckland
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @SGH sorry to hear that.  May he be at peace now.

Take care
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    @SGH My condolences to you and your family.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Looks,real,good. Thanks for the tips as I am a deer hunter and am looking for something new
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @SGH - sorry to see the news about your BIL. You are a good man for stepping up to help all that you do good deeds for. I'm sure one day, you'll be paid back in spades. My deepest sympathy to you and your family - prayers headed your way. 

I hope the cook was at least a little reprieve from the emotions. It all looks amazing. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Sorry to hear that news Scottie, my sympathy goes out to you and your family.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    @ My condolences to you and the whole family.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Smoker317
    Smoker317 Posts: 238
    Options
    Prayers for you and family.  That looks like an incredible smoke.  If you don't want to do a show, than at least write a book.
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    My condolences Scott - That really sucks to hear.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options

@SGH, prayers for your family

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @SGH - I'm sorry about your BIL passing. Your family has my prayers and sympathy.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Sorry for your loss bud.

Little Rock, AR

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I was going to tease you about the fake butter thing...glad I read the whole thing. {{hugs}}, my friend. Please know you and your fam are in my thoughts.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    You the Man!!!! That truly is awesome my friend.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    So sorry for y'all's loss, Scottie. Nothing worse than loosing a loved one.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Smoker317 said:
    If you don't want to do a show, than at least write a book.
    If you are interested, keep your eye on the YouTube series Howtobbqright by brother Reed. Down the road there will be a episode coming out on how to cook beef clod. I will give you 3 guesses on who the guest cook is.

And to everyone who sent their condolences and well wishes, I thank you all my friends. You are all wonderful people.  Again, I sincerely thank Yall for all the kind and thoughtful words.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sorry about your BIL, Scotty.  I know he was one of your favorite in-laws.
    Options
    I know it's been a few days, but I wanted to say my thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family during this time of your BIL passing.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • StillSmoken
    Options
    Sorry about your loss @SGH‌. Nice looking cook. If I was a welder, I'd work for you!
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead @DMW @‌StillSmoken Thank yall for the very kind words. Its been real hard on my wife. We laid him to rest yesterday in his home town of State Line, MS. Again thanks to everyone for your prayers and kind words. It means a lot to us.

Status- Standing by.

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    All the best to you and your family!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Scottie, sorry to hear of your loss, I just checked this thread this morning and read about it. I hope everyone is holding up as good as can be expected. Prayers to you and your family.
    Lenoir, N.C.