Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami LBGE

Options
Ended up inviting over some friends for a pastrami cook. 

Had a 8+ LB brisket wet brined for 5 weeks and then a 1 week set time with the rub. Have done quite a few pastrami cooks but this cook took a lot longer than all the others. The two things that I did different was use the new AR combo that my wife got me for XMAS and added veggies to the drip pan that I usually use just apple juice in,

Started the cook out at 225 ID with the spider and stone used for the ID. Had a temp stall of 1hr 45min at 133F IT. At 6 hours had to turn up the dome temp to 315 just so we wouldn't end up eating at 930pm. Was shooting for a 180-185 IT but ended up pulling it at 170F IT after 8 hours. It turned out extremely good even with the time issues. 

I have used the Katz deli recipe for all my pastrami cooks and it hasn't let me down one bit. We steam some up the next day but there is nothing better than eating it right of the grill. Steaming does soften it up so it is less chewy but we like it better fresh off the egg.
imageimageimageimage

Comments