Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant Depot Prime Meat

Options
I have seen pictures posted here before of Prime Brisket from the Depot. I stopped by there to look today and I was told at the Duluth, Ga location they do not keep prime. Are there any in the Atlanta area that keep prime grade?  They did have CAB at $3.59 per lb which is great ,but I really want to try a prime. 

Suwanee, GA

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I seem to recall hearing that rd doesn't do prime. Could be mistaken though.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I've never seen prime at the RD in Philadelphia nor the one in Baltimore.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Ours in Jax didn't have Prime on my last visit. Only Choice.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    I was just at RD in Marietta yesterday. They did not have prime, but I didn't ask either.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    With some luck you can find an extra marbled choice grade.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Someone posted a few days ago the they had gotten a prime brisky from RD. I'm in the Baltimore area and mine RD doesn't carry prime briskets.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    You'll have better luck finding prime at Costco. I've been in 2 restaurant depots in MN and neither had prime as well.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Prime is hit or miss at my RD. Unfortunately been more miss than hit.
    photo IMG_3412_zps1e8ba913.jpg
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have never seen it at the Decatur store. Man $3.59 a pound it was under $2.50 a year ago.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    With more and more people doing low and slow cooks we're driving the price of tough cuts of meat up.

I have to start telling people who want to try low and slow thats its not all its cracked up to be...LOL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Tinyfish said:

With more and more people doing low and slow cooks we're driving the price of tough cuts of meat up.

I have to start telling people who want to try low and slow thats its not all its cracked up to be...LOL

Nope the drought and market did that bad enough. :(
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    R2Egg2Q
    Yay for us!!! There weren't any my last trip, but at least they have them sometimes!
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Hopefully I don't get ostracized but, I have have nicely marbelized and floppy Choice Briskeys that have been close to Prime. Granted I have yet to have a SRF but, it'll eventually happen.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Sometimes I can find choice packers at Wally World for less than $2/lb. Costco has primes for $4.13/lb. right now which is 0.40 cents higher than it has been. I'm having trouble spending 50 to 60 bucks on any grade of brisket.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    Unbelievable.  Here in Colorado, I spend $7.00 a pound on CAB brisket...
  • ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    Options
    SEAHAWK if it makes you feel any better I went to a butcher shop just to check and they had cab for $7.99 per lB  I bought one there less than a month ago for $4.99 per LB.
    Suwanee, GA