Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings for lunch, on vacation.

Options
anton
anton Posts: 1,813
I took today off to laze about, thought wings for lunch sounded good.
I mixed up a spice jar with a 60/40 blend of Plowboys yardbird and cornstarch, so I could apply in a nice even coat, instead of my usually heavy spots of cornstarch. It worked great, I coated all surfaces heavily.
Added a Hasselhof tater, it came out a little rough, but I tried to not let it stop me from eating it.
Butter and Franks for dipping, the Plowboys stands on it's own plain, that's why I don't toss them all in sauce.
Have a great day.
imageimageimageimage
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Glad you got over that tater hurdle. Wings look great!
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    anton said:
    ... Added a Hasselhof tater, it came out a little rough, but I tried to not let it stop me from eating it. ...
    Oh thank you, thank you, thank you ... I thought everything you touched was golden!!!!

I cooked a Hasselhof tater before vacation, along with a couple of plain old baked taters.  Baked are usually done in a little over one hour at 375 degrees ... thought the Hasselhof would be done sooner 'cuz of it being more open.  Nope, wasn't the case ... had to zap it to finish.  Will try again another time.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Jeepster47, my Midas touch is on the fritz today haha! Thanks man, you give me too much credit sometimes!!
    Yeah, like you, my lesson learned was putting them on earlier than everything else, today I put them on at the same time, bad move on my part, I left it in the shut down egg for another 15-20 minutes and it was soft finally.
    In retrospect, I think next time I will put potato in while egg is coming to temp after smoke cleans up, that can't hurt.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Good looking wings!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Nice wings for the potoae  i put mine in the micro wave for 1-3 min cuts down ob egg time still tatsw good
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Awesome!

edited January 2015
    Options
    Nice. Yeah the Plowboys is awesome on wings!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.