Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calling Big Green Craig

Options
@BigGreenCraig‌ Happy New Year. Can you please remind me where you buy your brisket in the ATL area? Was it somewhere near Duluth? As I remember, they had really good prices.

a Thanks in advance.
LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I usually buy them from Restaurant Depot in Norcross. They always have a good selection. Also, you could try Kroger. They've been offering Select briskets at a decent price. Hope this helps!
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    If you want the best, I would try Snake River Farms.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Thanks Craig. I was thinking about a small independent butcher. You gave the info before, but I can't find it. USDA choice for around $4.00 per lb.

Thanks
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • tulocay
    Options
    SRF would be great. I need it tomorrow though.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Depending on what part of Marietta you're in, I75 exit 312 sheriffs meat processing is in the 4.00 range. Not sure it's worth the drive, but if you happen to be up that way...
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Patton's Meat Market is in Duluth. They will have one
  • tulocay
    Options
    Thanks Craig.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Wow. Prime packers are about $4/lb  around here.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tulocay
    Options
    There is a huge price difference between Texas and Georgia. I'm sure that applies to other parts of the country also.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • tbst
    tbst Posts: 43
    Options
    $7.99/lb for any grade in NE PA.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    You might also check wal mart. Wally world in Woodstock on Trickum/92 carries choice packers forarpund $3.50/lb.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Patton's some times has SRF Brisket as well.   :D

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • mmundy81
    Options
    Wilkes Meat Market in Cumming usually has SRF in stock and their regular price for good quality choice is $4.99 per lb.  They have a location in Suwannee right on Peachtree Industrial.  I would think their prices and selection there would be very similar if not the same as their Cumming store.  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sam's Choice Packers are currently $3.79# locally. The last one had good marbeling and was nice and floppy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Also Check Fergusons meat market off 400 just north of cumming, they usually have a large selection. I would call the ones mentioned before heading out and check the prices.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DaveRichardson
    Options

There's a couple pf placed on Roswell Rd in Sandy Springs area, but I can't remember their names.

Good info on Wilkes markets.  I used to go to theirs in Tucker for years as a kid!  Great people!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!