Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best pizza I've made yet!

Options
CazualWhiteGuy
CazualWhiteGuy Posts: 36
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
Used Bobby Flay's pizza dough recipe found here.. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe.html

imageimage I'm horrible at stretching pizza dough so I always end up rolling it out and being somewhat unsatisfied but it actually turned out great this time! I had half a rotisserie chicken and some shredded up rib meat from the baby backs I did the other day so I went with BBQ pulled pork and chicken for one of the pies. Just plain old pepperoni for the second. Used Green Mill pizza sauce and mozzarella and parmesan cheeses as well as basil & crushed red peppers.

Got the large egg fired up with about 3/4 of a load and let it get going pretty well before putting the platesetter in, legs down, and adding the pizza stone with a few tin foil spacers underneath. Did the pizzas around 750* but the egg got well over 1000* in between pizzas while assembling the second pie. Crusts came out perfect, chewy on the inside with enough crispness to stand on its own. Very happy with the results this time!
Minneapolis, MN - 1 Large Big Green Egg & 1 Small Big Green Egg

Comments