Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Real Brisky

Options
Dobie
Dobie Posts: 3,361
edited January 2015 in EggHead Forum
OK so I asked the wife for a brisket for Christmas and she picked me up one to cook for New Years. This is my first real brisket, I played with a three pounder I found a month or so ago but dont really feel that was anything put a portion of a small flat and it came out OK but didnt represent. My plan is indirect at 250 dome with the CyberQ managing things. Got a full box of Rockwood, with some nice sugar maple chunks I was gifted from Fruitawoods. I also got some new knives and the 10 inch Victorinox breaker made trimming the large amount of fat off this brisket a pleasure. The 12 inch Victorinox slicer for the end product. Seasoned just with S&P. Going on about 10 pm tonight and Im just about to light the egg. imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Jacksonville FL

Comments