Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Brisket Número Uno .... Pic heavy

Options
Well it's cold as **** outside and I'm up way to early but it should be worth it. A friend of mine had a couple SRF briskets sent to my crib awhile back and I'm finally egging one. It's 40 degrees in the garage and 30 @ the egg but hell I'm dedicated so here we go. Ozark Oak lump with white oak for smoke. Rubbed down with Bad Byron's rub. Shooting for 225-250 dome. Will start checking for tenderness around 180 IT. 4th pic down is preheating the platesetter. Does anyone else do this?imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Nice!!! You are about like me when it comes to cold. 30 is nothing but I hate it. Love the preheating of the PS.... =D>
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Yes yes yes!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If I left now I might be able to make it...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Black_Badger
    Options
    Haha, this is awesome! I went out to head to the gym this morning and the Jeep told me it was -1! I didn't even know it would display negative numbers.

Enjoy the heat wave (and much more importantly, that brisket!)

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Yes Sir.........this is how you you ring in the new year with style!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Hell yeah guys. I can't wait to see how this one turns out. @DMW‌ come on down and we'll ring in the new year Bama style!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    Options
    OK it's not even 8am yet and I've already had 2 bloody Mary's , a screwdriver , and a couple beers. I'm gonna take a nap and I'll check back in later. image

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    You have a heck of a friend if he sends you SRF briskets. Good looking cook!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @shtgunal3-Now that is the way to transition to the new year.  That's a hell of a good friend for gifting those hunks of beef and "gold" as well.  Perhaps share some and he will do it again!  Enjoy the cook and eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Will your friend adopt me???  Happy New Year!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    That looks awesome. If your gonna drink all day, you gotta start early.

@chubbs us southern boys don't like that cold $hit.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Those SRF briskets look absolutely beautiful.

You're killing me with the brisket and beer pics.  I'm stuck at work finishing up some end of year trading and won't be leaving anytime soon.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Going to be a great day @shtgunal3! Your egg is so shiny in that picture. Maybe while you were downing the bloodies and beers you gave it a polish huh? Can't wait to see the final outcome. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Wow, breakfast of champions and dinner fit for a king.  What a way to finish off 2014.  Can't wait for the finale ^:)^ :-c
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    And here I sit behind my desk.......... :-w

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished pics
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Standing by with fork in hand.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Gonna be good!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Am I the only one who is surprised to learn that @SGH uses a utensil when he eats?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• shtgunal3
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments guys. The guy bought two and had them sent to me so I could cook one for him and one for me.

• shtgunal3
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Here it is after 7.5 hours. I'm gonna bump the temp and try to get thru the stall. It hit 170 and then dropped back to 162 and now it's back up to 165 and it's been there for awhile

• shtgunal3
    Options

• GATraveller
    Options
    Oh mama!!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Come to PaPa!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    doing be afraid to use the crutch if you need to.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @SeahawksEGGHead‌ I'm in no hurry. Gonna be up late tonight anyway.

• GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    I have my plate ready !
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    It's off the egg and in the FTC. image

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Looks great man. Do you always put the happy rag?

XLBGE 
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Thanks @MrCookingNurse‌ . I'm not real sure what you mean by "happy rag". Please dumb it down for me.