Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grill Works 2 Tier on the Mini Max

Options

Comments

• TheShaytoon
    Options
    I wish someone would have warned me that this thread is pic heavy... It's taking forever to load all the pictures on the ipad.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    To answer your question @AUCE there is still more room for adjustment where you could put the top rack higher in the dome if you were doing spare ribs. It just depends on how tall the food is that will be on the top rack. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Well said Fred.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    grege345 said:

Well said Fred.

Any relation to Right Said Fred?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• grege345
    Options
    Uncle

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Its nothing about CGW. There have been plenty of posts about them before and nobody cares the problem is Craig is always in it for something. As soon as I saw him post about them in 2 threads that close together my first thought was what's he selling now and just like I though the CGW logo is on his tools link on his site. He can say he's not affiliated and makes nothing but he's already said in other posts he makes money off the links on his site. If @Fred19Flintstone‌ or @grege345‌ had posted they loves their CGW rack I would have thought hey maybe I should give it a try.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Yes, I mentioned them in two threads: The first thread was "what did you get for Christmas". Well, that is what I got. The second, was this modification thread. 

Haters gonna hate. 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Couldnt have said it better myself @Fred19Flintstone‌ =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Hey FWIW I liked the mod. I get that self promotion is a no no. But, truthfully I didn't see an angle here. It's not like we had to hit a like button on a FB or website page. I saw it as nothing more than another way to add versatility to the MM. I love to bust balls but, there's no reason here imo. Just my thoughts.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Lit
    Options
    Craig nobody's gonna hate. I'm gonna go make a drink and prep my ribs for tomorrow. They're gonna be epic.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

r8rs4lf said:

How's the dome space?

Pretty good after the shaft reduction. Obviously, I won't be able to fit 2 pork shoulders in there, but I would load the heck out of some ABTs. 

I'm thinking wings, ABTs, moink balls, or anything that would comfortably fit. Nice idea.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

With all due respect to brother Lit, my take on the thread is it's about the modification of the OP's 2 Tier Swing Rack to fit the MM. I did notice that the OP mentioned the 2 Tier Swing Rack on another thread, but I didn't think that was any more unusual than how many threads a member discusses or mentions CGS products.  I don't think that he's shilling for CGW.  It's the system he prefers and what's wrong with talking about that?  The OP said he doesn't receive $ from CGW and I believe him.  If he were compensated, discussing the product on only two threads seems kinda lame.

Flint, Michigan
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    r8rs4lf said:
    How's the dome space?
    Pretty good after the shaft reduction. Obviously, I won't be able to fit 2 pork shoulders in there, but I would load the heck out of some ABTs. 
    I'm thinking wings, ABTs, moink balls, or anything that would comfortably fit. Nice idea.
    Thanks. I wish I had thought of it a while ago. I could have used the extra room during a Christmas trip! 
  • Lit
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌ I have no clue when that logo was added to his site. If it was 3 days ago then mentioning them 2 times isn't too bad especially when one thread is most likely a product that's going to be available from CGW shortly. His track record says he is trying to spam us. I get you say he apologized but apologies are for damn i messed up once not over and over and over. A funny thing I noticed is he takes offense at when I stated his cooks are par at best. He takes offense to being par around here like he is a better cook than the majority.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Options
    @Lit‌ FYI I don't pay biggreencraig a dime.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lit said:
    @Fred19Flintstone‌ I have no clue when that logo was added to his site. If it was 3 days ago then mentioning them 2 times isn't too bad especially when one thread is most likely a product that's going to be available from CGW shortly. His track record says he is trying to spam us. I get you say he apologized but apologies are for damn i messed up once not over and over and over. A funny thing I noticed is he takes offense at when I stated his cooks are par at best. He takes offense to being par around here like he is a better cook than the majority.

@Lit‌ you are like a starving dog with a soup bone. Give it a rest. Everybody is wrong once in a while and sometimes, I've heard, people overreact to benign incidents. Have you no mirrors in your home? Lighten up. Who cares if Craig has a CGW logo on his website? I don't.
  • Lit
    Options

Lit said:

@Lit‌ you are like a starving dog with a soup bone. Give it a rest. Everybody is wrong once in a while and sometimes, I've heard, people overreact to benign incidents. Have you no mirrors in your home? Lighten up. Who cares if Craig has a CGW logo on his website? I don't.

I have never over reacted.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

I have never over reacted.

of course not. I obviously got this all wrong. My bad. Please accept my sincere apology and Happy New Year.
  • Lit
    Options
    @pgprescott‌ that was sarcasm if you couldn't tell. Not sure if you've been around for all Craigs postings but he was annoying from his first post and then didnt get any better than trolled the forum with his eggtoberfest posts. He was like a mini version of Tweeve. I guess I should just stop opening his posts.
  • grege345
    Options
    I'm goin to quit smokin cigs for my resolution

• EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Lit said:
    Haven't several forum members posted about issues with the CGW grate warping and having issues getting anyone to do anything?

My XL CGW warped, sent it back, got a new one and sold it.. Too much $$ for those grates to have them warp..
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'd say that this works pretty well... 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    That's pretty cool Craig.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Looks good bro

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Options
    Wicked cool
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    Just curious, would the Grill Extender from the Group Buy a couple of years ago work the same way?
    Can it be cut down to work?

I don't have one but know they are still available.
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Love it.  One of the reasons I bought the Mini Max is to take on road trips to my daughters club soccer tournaments.  With this swing rack modification I'll be able to cook for the entire team in between or after games.
    Thanks for the idea and detail.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio