Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Friends

Options
Central_Bama_Egger
Central_Bama_Egger Posts: 886
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
Well guys, it pays to be decent to people. Not that, that is why I do it. But still it pays to look after your brother vs yourself.

I have been blessed to count y'all as friends. @SGH‌ @shtgunal3‌ I have been blessed to have had people in my life that have called a friend.

If I had a New Years resolution. I'd have to say allow me the opportunity to be a better friend.

I've recieved these 2 gifts because, I hope, that 2 different guys called me a friend.

They say you only have 1 true friend. I consider myself blessed. Not lucky.

............... Before y'all get smart assed. I'm referring to the cooler and the egg.
Huntsville, Al LBGE

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What great gifts brother. And for the record, as long as I'm breathing you will always have at least one friend. You can take take that to the bank my friend. Enjoy those awesome gifts sir.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I hate people, so..... >:)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    @henapple‌ but.......
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I think I have more than one true friend.  Not counting the wife, I would say I have 4 true friends.
    2 have proved it.  One, responded to a call by my wife when I almost died.  He went and stayed with her at the hospital from 2 AM until 7AM when they finally moved me from ER to Intensive care and allowed me to have visitors for a few minutes.  the other has helped me on a few occassions always volunteering to do the hardest most difficult part of the task at hand knowing that with my asthma, he was better suited to handle the worst part of the job.  I have only had the opportunity once, to really repay one of those "debts".
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• henapple
    Options
    My new year's resolution is to be more selfish.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:

So you're going to hide your beer better at Salado?
  • Little Steven
    Options

So you're going to hide your beer better at Salado?
    We'll beat the location out of him . Not to worry

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Options
    Hell no...you pbr swilling hypocritical butt holes. At brisket camp people were scarfing my beer. I'm done being nice...
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    Wait.  So if I make it to Salado I'll have to bring my own beer?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    Options
    Yes...I'll share with your son. ...@Foghorn
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    @Central_Bama_Egger‌ I'm a little late to the party but those are some awesome gifts man. Friends and family are what life is all about brother. We need to get together for lunch sometime. Roll Tide friend.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    henapple said:

Yes...I'll share with your son. ...@Foghorn

Doesn't that go against your New Year's resolution? Or is it OK if you are sharing with children?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

@Central_Bama_Egger‌ I'm a little late to the party but those are some awesome gifts man. Friends and family are what life is all about brother. We need to get together for lunch sometime. Roll Tide friend.

I'm in!!
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That's the underlying beauty of Egg ownership.  The community and friendships built via this website and fests, as well as the bringing together of family and friends around the Egg.  It truly is a life changer.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio