Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A BGE forum fan asked a favor.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    What a very small world we all live in. Awesome story Scotty! Very cool brotha!!!
    I was tempted to tell him that I was brother Husker for a minute!! I think my Alabama sticker and Roll Tide shirt may gave it away though. Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    That is very cool, I am sure you will knock it out of the park for him.Recognition for a job well done (job, cooking or otherwise) always makes me feel great, so should you brother.
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • cazzy said:

When my wife is pissed off at me, she calls me SGH.    [-(

Well she calls me NOLA, so don't feel bad.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    When my wife is aggravated and showing out she changes some of my initials around. I go from SGH to SOB.
    S=Son
    O=Of
    B= well you get the idea. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:

cazzy said:

When my wife is aggravated and showing out she changes some of my initials around. I go from SGH to SOB.
    S=Son
    O=Of
    B= well you get the idea. 

At least she doesn't just call you B...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • @SGH‌ - I've got a buddy who a young Navy diver who has been assembling y'all's seafloor plumbing since before Katrina when he dislocated his shoulder on the seafloor.... That had to suck all sorts of evil!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SGH
    @SGH‌ - I've got a buddy who a young Navy diver who has been assembling y'all's seafloor plumbing since before Katrina when he dislocated his shoulder on the seafloor.... That had to suck all sorts of evil!!!
    Brother when something goes wrong subsea, it's usually a disaster. I hate to hear that he got hurt but I'm thankful that he made it back topside alive. 

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    We have rented a 6 bedroom house in Seaside this coming July 4th ( our 15th year). Linda was looking a pic's and told me there is an Egg. Told her I bet they kept it under lock and key but called owner in Atlanta and found she lets all who rent the house use it. Will still take an Egg with me as have more family there than normal.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2014
    Cool story.  I had a great afternoon one time talking to a dealer who suddenly said "OMG, you're Doc Eggerton".  Not sure where the clue came from, because I did not hint at it.  Anyway, a great lift for the day.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• @SGH‌ you shoulda seen the confused look on our work comp lady's face when she was trying to call Port Fuschon the day after Katrina... She didn't understand me telling her that no one was there, or will be there for a while! He's a god kid! Awesome occupation!

Keep the oil and gas flowing!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SGH
    Keep the oil and gas flowing!!
    Normally Im one of the very first to say the oil industry is crooks. However as of late, Exxon/Mobil and Chevron has done a excellent job of flooding the market with American oil and as such has drove the price of gasoline down to under 2 bucks some places. For whatever reason that they are doing it, I applaud them. When you say keep the oil and gas flowing, I concur 100% my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @SGH - don't forget, the A-rabs are purposefully flooding it....mostly to screw the Russians but also to shut down some of these shale operations and $55+ a barrel extraction cost operations.
    @SGH - don't forget, the A-rabs are purposefully flooding it....mostly to screw the Russians but also to shut down some of these shale operations and $55+ a barrel extraction cost operations.
    There is some truth to that my friend. But the Big 2 are producing at a all time high. Exxon just brought Hadrian South online and Julia will be online soon as well. Chevron is bringing Deltahouse online as well. All massive reserves from the Gulf of Mexico. I know that it won't last, but I'm enjoying while it does. If gas prices keep falling, I may convert Unit #1 to gasoline ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:

There is some truth to that my friend. But the Big 2 are producing at a all time high. Exxon just brought Hadrian South online and Julia will be online soon as well. Chevron is bringing Deltahouse online as well. All massive reserves from the Gulf of Mexico. I know that it won't last, but I'm enjoying while it does. If gas prices keep falling, I may convert Unit #1 to gasoline ;)

Gasoline flavored meat... That's Goota be better than mayo!!
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • SGH
    lkapigian said:
    Very Cool @SGH‌
    I really thought so as well. It makes you wonder how many people we walk by everyday that have read our posts and saw our cooks. I bet it's actually a pretty large number. There are a lot of readers who are not members. 

Status- Standing by.

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    That is pretty cool, I've had a few people come up to me at an Eggfest, but thats about it. 

Have fun at work tomorrow! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Congrats SGH!  I bet that came as a huge suprise for the both of you. I am sure they will have some wonderful food.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    So back to the cooks...

What are the plans for the hog and deer? What parts are you cooking and how???
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    congrats SGH next you will be doing TV shows with  the BGE and your Units 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!

:D
    LBGE/Maryland
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Now that's a really cool story! I'm excited to see the cook happen. Way to go @SGH! I's say there's a pretty good chance you'll be assigned some "additional duties" for the bossman in the future.  :D
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like a new hat size might be in order? :D jk
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    That is too funny, I look forward to the cook.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    Where do I need to come meet ya?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    That's pretty cool.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SGH

Smoking a little butter injected venison at work on Unit #6. Using 50/50 oak and pecan for smoke.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Look at the color on that meat.  Simply awesome.  Can't wait to see this progress.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • SGH
    Where do I need to come meet ya?
    At the foot of the bridge on 63 in Moss Point. You can see  the barge off to the right.

Status- Standing by.