Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry Brine an enhanced Costco rack of pork?

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
I was thinking I need to dry brine with just salt for 4 hours ahead of time the rack of pork cook I'm doing today.  I wanted to hold what little moisture there is in the rack with the salt.  But do I risk over salting because the it is "enhanced" with a 10% solution?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Technically it's already been "brined" wet, but you know that. I prolly wouldn't.

XLBGE 
    Options
    I'm also trying to gauge the timing, cause Mrs. 500 always asks me; "When's it gonna be ready?"  I've been lately giving her smart ass answers like 135 degrees.  I'm thinking 275* - 300* dome temp.  Would that be like 2 hours?
    Member since 2009
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    500 said:
    I'm also trying to gauge the timing, cause Mrs. 500 always asks me; "When's it gonna be ready?"  I've been lately giving her smart ass answers like 135 degrees.  I'm thinking 275* - 300* dome temp.  Would that be like 2 hours?
    That is funny I give the exact same answer...or "in another 45 degrees".  I think 2 hours is a good estimate at 300ish.  

BTW- I would probably skip the salt brine.  I think you will find there is plenty of moisture in the rack already so I wouldn't risk over-salting it. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Options
    Thanks for the tips. 
    Member since 2009