Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first egg cook!

Options
BBQInMilwaukee
BBQInMilwaukee Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I just purchased a large egg and I'm attempting my first cook.

I got:
1 Rack of pork baby backs, really thick
1 Large egg
1 Large table
1 Placesetter
Bag of competition blend Wicked Good Charcoal
Dizzy dust
Apple Juice
V rack
Apple chips
Fire starter
Mustard
1 Appetite

I preped my ribs with mustard and dizzy dust.

I then got my egg to a steady 250 and placed a drip pan of apple juice on an inverted placesetter (legs up), then my rack with the v-rack on top of that. (Currently in my first 20 minutes as of this post)

I plan on 3 hours of indirect, 1 hour in foil and the another hour or so of indirect with-out the foil, this is when I plan on putting some BBQ sauce.

I will keep everyone posted on how this turns out. I might post some pictures if I can get the picture size down, I currently only have an 8 mega-pixel camera and the picture size is a little on the large size. :)

I spent the last two weeks reading about the egg and I would like to thank everyone.

Websites like the NakedWhiz, Wessb, Wicked Good Charcoal, DizzyPigBBQ and of course the BigGreenEgg forums have been a wonderful resource for getting me started in this adventure.
Thank-You!

BBQInMilwaukee

Comments

• BBQInMilwaukee
    Options
    Well it's been 2 hours and my temp hasn't moved from 250, I'm at a loss of words to explain how shocked I am that the temperature is rock steady when the weather outside is 20 degrees with a brisk 12 mph wind.

As much as I want to, I still haven't peeked into the egg.
  • BBQInMilwaukee
    Options
    Everything came out perfect, the ribs were tender, juicy and could be the best I've ever had, best I've ever cooked for sure!

They came out so well I ran to the butcher this morning and started another cook for the game.

A newly addicted egger,
    BBQInMilwaukee