Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first egg cook!

BBQInMilwaukeeBBQInMilwaukee Posts: 30
edited 4:57AM in EggHead Forum
Well I just purchased a large egg and I'm attempting my first cook.

I got:
1 Rack of pork baby backs, really thick
1 Large egg
1 Large table
1 Placesetter
Bag of competition blend Wicked Good Charcoal
Dizzy dust
Apple Juice
V rack
Apple chips
Fire starter
Mustard
1 Appetite

I preped my ribs with mustard and dizzy dust.

I then got my egg to a steady 250 and placed a drip pan of apple juice on an inverted placesetter (legs up), then my rack with the v-rack on top of that. (Currently in my first 20 minutes as of this post)

I plan on 3 hours of indirect, 1 hour in foil and the another hour or so of indirect with-out the foil, this is when I plan on putting some BBQ sauce.

I will keep everyone posted on how this turns out. I might post some pictures if I can get the picture size down, I currently only have an 8 mega-pixel camera and the picture size is a little on the large size. :)

I spent the last two weeks reading about the egg and I would like to thank everyone.

Websites like the NakedWhiz, Wessb, Wicked Good Charcoal, DizzyPigBBQ and of course the BigGreenEgg forums have been a wonderful resource for getting me started in this adventure.
Thank-You!

BBQInMilwaukee
·

Comments

• Well it's been 2 hours and my temp hasn't moved from 250, I'm at a loss of words to explain how shocked I am that the temperature is rock steady when the weather outside is 20 degrees with a brisk 12 mph wind.

As much as I want to, I still haven't peeked into the egg.
    ·
  • Everything came out perfect, the ribs were tender, juicy and could be the best I've ever had, best I've ever cooked for sure!

They came out so well I ran to the butcher this morning and started another cook for the game.

A newly addicted egger,
    BBQInMilwaukee
    ·