Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas paella

Options
I fixed seafood paella for Christmas dinner. It was labor intensive. But it was s big hit.

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That looks fantastic.  Paella is still on my wish list, especially now that I see yours!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @Bhens:  We are pretty new to making paella.  We've taken two classes and made it twice on the BGE.  You're right about being labor intensive, but with a great payoff.  One of our cooking buddies told us there's no need to keep leftover because the rice gets hard and it's as good.  We always end up with so much and I hate to throw it away.  Threw away the first leftovers, but for the second batch, I foodsavered enough in each bag for two people, then sous vide then to reheat, with GREAT results!  You still had all the great flavors, and even some of the socarrat.  If you don't have a sous vide machine, just come up with your own "hot tub" configuration.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You strait trippin boo...yo, I'm mad jelly
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggbertsdad
    Options
    That looks incredible! Nice work.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Bhens
    Bhens Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks guys. Everyone loved it and it was all gone. I'm thinking about using salmon instead of chicken next time.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Shrimp, Crawfish and okra makes a great cajun paella.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN