Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast iron griddled pub burgers

Options
Got a new lodge cast iron griddle from Santa today and we wanted to cook some burgers tonight. We had some prime ground chuck so we figured we would give it a rip. I much prefer griddled burgers over grilled but I do like a like a little smoke if I can get it. This griddle fits my AR oval setup like a glove. The burgers are very loosely put together (no pressing) and seasoned with salt, pepper, Heinz 57 and butter (don't be shy on the butter). The egg was 400 when I put them on and that seemed to be perfect. Good crust on the burgers but was able to control temps on thier way up to temp. I went the the jimmy buffet "cheeseburger in paradise" method (lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes). It was a huge score. Best of both worlds- griddled crust and a little oak from the egg. And the house didn't smell like a diner afterword. imageimageimage
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments