Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Merry Christmas from Dixie.

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Merry Christmas! All the best to you and your family.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    JRWhitee said:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Scottie, Santa brought me a Woo and stone for the Mini Max and the book I always wanted, Charcuterie from Michael Ruhlman.  

That is awesome brother! I'm more than sure that you will put them to very good use. Merry Christmas to you and your family brother Whitee.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Back at ya from just off US 90!
    Kemah, TX
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Well said @500
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Merry Christmas, it's been a pleasure and a lot of fun, looking forward to 2015!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • SGH
    @500‌
    Well said brother. I share your sentiment. From day one I have always said that any and everyone was more than welcome at my place. I really enjoy meeting new people and talking about cooking. I have had several take me up on my offer and come by. It is my hope that many more will follow suite. There really are some kind and knowledgable folks on this forum. I'm proud to be a part of such a fine organization.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    jllbms said:

As close as you are brother, you really should come by sometime and check out the big Units my friend. We could whip up a goat for the occasion.

Status- Standing by.

• rsterman
    rsterman Posts: 119
    Howdy Below is the message I thought I sent to the forum earlier today. I don't think it happened that way.LOL Then i thought it perhaps went to your account? Don't know about that either......at any rate, here is the message I wrote earlier on the forum: Merry Christmas SGH......I am the 'rsterman because they are one of my absolute favorite bivalves.......nothing more enjoyable than being in the shanty with a group of buddies shucking' and sharin' lies and liquor.......we actually live near the Atlantic ocean and very near the Chesapeake Bay. We actually had a cottage on Smith Island in the middle of the bay for ten years........we are real eastern shore people born & bred........we were raised catching, tonging, and eating bay oysters and blus crabs.....there are none better we think......of course we are quite biased as I'm sure you would understand....love those oysters rockefellers.......plan on doing some soon on the egg....will be great........went to visit NOLA this summer and had the local oysters at the Acme Oyster House......they were good and meaty, but didn't have the depth of flavor that our salty Chesapeakes have......if I had a nickel for each 'rster I've eaten over my 68 years I'd be a very rich man.....couldn't help but slip you a note when I was looking for info on doing a hog's head....plan on doing one soon and read a prior post of yours where you mentioned cheseake 'rsters......have a great rest of the holiday season.....seems like you are a great source for all things pig.... The 'rsterman
    Berlin, Maryland
  • Merry Christmas Scottie! I hope you and your entire family have a great Christmas! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    edited December 2014
    @rsterman‌
    Thank you for the very kind words and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Acme Oyster House is pretty good but it's not on the level of some of the others. Example- Dragos & OceanA. To truly appreciate Gulf oysters, these are the ones to try.  Myself and brother Nola can turn some out that I feel would give anyone's more than a run for their money. If you are ever down my way, I will gladly whip some up for you to try. As to the hog head, I have cooked more than my fair share of them through the years. If I can assist in any way, feel free to give me a call at 228-627-5400. My name is Scottie. I talk much better than I type. I will be more than glad to offer what I can my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @rsterman‌
    You said if you had a nickel for every oyster you ate that you would be a rich man. Well I feel that my oyster consumption is why I'm broke. Well that and the liberal bleeding heart democrats. Sorry, but I couldn't resist the jab at the democrats!!!! However there is a lot of truth in the fore mentioned. 

Status- Standing by.

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Merry Christmas from the GWN!
    GWN
  • SGH
    Nanook said:

Merry Christmas from the GWN!

Merry Christmas to you my friend. It's certainly not white in Dixie today. Got the air conditioner on trying to make it at least feel like Christmas!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌ @ChillyWillis‌
    If Yall  are out there fellows, Merry Christmas. Come on back as yall are missed.

Status- Standing by.

• Merry CHRISTmas Scottie!
    Brandon, MS
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    SGH said:
    As close as you are brother, you really should come by sometime and check out the big Units my friend. We could whip up a goat for the occasion.

You're on, my friend!
    Kemah, TX
  • SGH
    edited December 2014
    jllbms said:

Will be standing by and looking forward to it my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• rsterman
    rsterman Posts: 119
    Mornin' I would have to say that over the years my political persuasions have significantly changed......during my school years I would have been a liberal democrat .......as we worked in our profession and my wife and I raised our family , we became more conservative......this was a natural progression I think.....over the last 15-20 years I have become of the opinion that if you live and work for the gov't in Washington, DC (whether you are elephant or donkey ) you are basically a self-serving criminal and do not have me or my family's best interests at heart......certainly the preservation of the democracy is not a concern for our elected officials.......I was taught the democracy was suppose to work this way: during the primary/election process the parties were supposed to fight like demons to get elected.....no holds barred.......then, after the election, the parties were supposed to come together, in a bipartisan way, and work together for the betterment of the the country ......doesn't appear to work that way anymore.......so i suppose my political opinions would make me a libertarian at this point.....I thought government service was supposed to be a higher calling where you went to serve out of a sense of duty, served one term to fulfill that duty, and then returned home to live and work......I never thought it was suppose to become a 30-50 year profession where the sole purpose was to enrich yourself at the expense of the whole nation....... Please forgive me for my after-holiday rant.......I very rarely share my political persuasion with anyone......almost always has been a counter productive conversation ......now I guess I have shared with the whole country.......oops!!!!!.....that seems to be how many "Eggers" there are.......maybe we should start our own party.....perhaps we already have.....not difficult to find an opinion here.......if we could just get some politicians to listen for once to what their constituents are saying and work together accordingly......perhaps something meaningful could be accomplished.......we can only hope........ Have a great new year Scottie..... Terry
    Berlin, Maryland
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Happy New Year. See you in March. Not that long off now.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Mickey said:
    Hope that yall had a great holiday @Mickey. Im counting down the days brother. Just don't forget to hold one of those MM's for me.
    ;)

Status- Standing by.

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all the Eggheads out there!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• Merry Christmas. The inlaws are up from your neck of the woods, Gulfport. I think they're ready to head back since we just got ~8 inches of snow!
  • SGH
    Merry Christmas. The inlaws are up from your neck of the woods, Gulfport. I think they're ready to head back since we just got ~8 inches of snow!
    Do yall have family in Gulfport?

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Brother, I have been meaning to wish you a Merry Christmas since you posted this, but have been traveling and did not have a chance. Please accept this belated Merry Christmas from the Wenger household.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    @DMW‌
    Thank you brother. I hope that you and your family had a great Christmas as well. And from all the Hortons on my hill, Happy Holidays my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Scotty is actually a huge liberal. Merry christmas you big lug of a democrat!
    Scotty is actually a huge liberal. Merry christmas you big lug of a democrat!
    The above is sacrilegious. Nonetheless I hope you and your family had a awesome Christmas. As a late Christmas present I bought you the Life and Times video collection of Ronald Reagan because I know you really are a Conservative at heart!! 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited December 2014
    SGH said:

Mickey said:

... Just don't forget to hold one of those MM's for me.
    ;)

@SGH ... Wait a minute. What happened to the MM in the barn and the necklace? Were you just pulling an old man's leg?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SGH
    Mickey said:
    ... Just don't forget to hold one of those MM's for me.
    ;)
    @SGH ... Wait a minute. What happened to the MM in the barn and the necklace? Were you just pulling an old man's leg?

No sir. I got it. But Mickey still owes me one on general principal!!

Status- Standing by.