Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The lil small that could prime

Options
2»

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks beautiful.  The board dressing was a nice finishing touch.  Looks much nicer than au jus poured all over the plate (don't get me wrong...love au jus as well).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice cook Cazzy, we did a Prime Rib as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Cazzy tell me more about the board dressing
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Looks great, good cook!
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Looks great!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    On my short list... Looks awesome
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    That looks awesome.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2014
    Options
    piney said:
    Cazzy tell me more about the board dressing

I didn't do the herb basting brush and added thyme, rosemary and sage to the dressing.  Seasoned w/ S&P.  It was earthy and complimented the oak very well.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    If you've never used a board sauce you're missing out. When you try it you'll be like a newborn seeing Mom for the first time. It's simply delic! It brings out all the natural flavor and kicks it up a few notches. Absolutely love herbs on steaks, roasts etc. @cazzy‌ I have a Birthday for a close friend coming up in a day or so. I do believe this would be pure money!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Just purchased @ local grocery. Taking my MiniMax on the road to my mom's tomorrow for our family gathering and will be attempting one of these for my 1st time. I went with a smaller roast since it's my 1st attempt. Should be a treat for everyone! This thread got the wheels turning.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2014
    Options

If you've never used a board sauce you're missing out. When you try it you'll be like a newborn seeing Mom for the first time. It's simply delic! It brings out all the natural flavor and kicks it up a few notches. Absolutely love herbs on steaks, roasts etc. @cazzy‌ I have a Birthday for a close friend coming up in a day or so. I do believe this would be pure money!!!

Do it!!!!

Just purchased @ local grocery. Taking my MiniMax on the road to my mom's tomorrow for our family gathering and will be attempting one of these for my 1st time. I went with a smaller roast since it's my 1st attempt. Should be a treat for everyone! This thread got the wheels turning.

Inspiring FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Great looking cook cazzy. Hope y'all had a great Christmas.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks great Cazzy. I too do not wear mine. I have found the end product is just as good with less work. Nice cook
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013