Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Better late than never.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Running way behind today. Being back at work is really cutting into my cooking time. However all is not lost. Due to time constraints, I'm going to skip the sear but emulate it by running indirect at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes just depending on how it looks. I will then drop temp to 300 give or take a little for the remainder of the cook. Hoping to have this done in about two hours. For the rub I used salt and pepper. No cayenne today. Hope everyone has had a great Christmas thus far.

imageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    I would eat that as it sits. Nice piece of cattle

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I got a victornox 10" breaker in my stocking this morning. Busted down 3 bellies already and it slid right under silver skin and hard fat like a scalpel. Thanks for the tip on that one. Cool knife.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    It's Turbo Time!image
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Now that's a fine chunk of meat. Cant wait to see how it turns out.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• SGH
    Options

I got a victornox 10" breaker in my stocking this morning. Busted down 3 bellies already and it slid right under silver skin and hard fat like a scalpel. Thanks for the tip on that one. Cool knife.

Congradulations on the knife. I know that you will put it to very good use. Merry Christmas to you and your family my friend. And I would like to say thanks for all that you have contributed to this forum brother Tex. You have both helped and inspired a lot of people with you cooking knowledge. Hope to see you in Salado for the inaugural firing of Unit #7.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Congradulations on the knife. I know that you will put it to very good use. Merry Christmas to you and your family my friend. And I would like to say thanks for all that you have contributed to this forum brother Tex. You have both helped and inspired a lot of people with you cooking knowledge. Hope to see you in Salado for the inaugural firing of Unit #7.

you too Scotty. Thank you.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Let's see the finish. Man, that roast has a great shape to it.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • SGH
    Options
    4Runner said:

I just put it on. I'm shooting to have done in about 2 hours. Running late today. But I'm trying :>

Status- Standing by.

• BigGreenGator
    Options
    Agreed finish pics :-B

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• SGH
    edited December 2014
    Options

Agreed finish pics :-B

About 2 hours my friend if all goes according to plan.

Status- Standing by.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Great looking hunk you got there. I almost never sear my prime rib.
    canuckland
  • SGH
    Options

Great looking hunk you got there. I almost never sear my prime rib.

Due to time constraints I did not sear this one. However I did give it a short indirect blast at 450 degrees to tighten it up.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited December 2014
    Options
    4Runner said:

I placed it in Jetnet over night to help shape it up a little. Wish I would have had more time to put more effort into the cook. Doing the best that I can under the circumstances though. Hopefully it will turn out ok.

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Looking forward to the finish Scottie.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    SGH said:
    I placed it in Jetnet over night to help shape it up a little. Wish I would have had more time to put more effort into the cook. Doing the best that I can under the circumstances though. Hopefully it will turn out ok.
    What is a Jetnet?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • SGH
    Options
    4Runner said:
    SGH said:
    What is a Jetnet?
    It is a restricting food safe net used to hold food together. It is especially useful for stuffed chickens and tenderloins as you do not have to tie them if you use the net. You can cook with the net as long as you do not exceed 450 degrees. I have been using it for years. You can get it in tubes or sheets. I like both for differnt applications. Google jetnet corp.

Status- Standing by.

• blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Looks good so far!
  • SGH
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @4Runner‌
    Here you go: 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The link keeps vanishing.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ⚡️⚡️

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Something keeps assing up :-? The link keeps vanishing.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    4Runner- 4th attempt at link. http://www.jetnetcorp.com/netting_film.html

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    It's about fricking time^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    SGH said:

Something keeps assing up :-? The link keeps vanishing.

=)) =))
  • SGH
    Options
    I pulled her at 118 in the deepest part. After a rest she was 127.5 in the deepest and thickest part when I carved her. Not to bad for turbo.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Nice cook Scottie. Enjoy the grub.
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    Beautiful!
    Kemah, TX
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Its done the Egg you can't go wrong nice looking piece of meat SGH now the fixing,s
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • SGH
    Options
    jllbms said:

Beautiful!

It actually turned out better than I anticipated. This is the first one that I have ever turbod and ran indirect for the entire cook. Was very pleasantly surprised. I would defiantly do it again if pressed for time.

Status- Standing by.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I'd damn sure hit it!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .