Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My first egg cook!

BBQInMilwaukeeBBQInMilwaukee Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I just purchased a large egg and I'm attempting my first cook.

I got:
1 Rack of pork baby backs, really thick
1 Large egg
1 Large table
1 Placesetter
Bag of competition blend Wicked Good Charcoal
Dizzy dust
Apple Juice
V rack
Apple chips
Fire starter
Mustard
1 Appetite

I preped my ribs with mustard and dizzy dust.

I then got my egg to a steady 250 and placed a drip pan of apple juice on an inverted placesetter (legs up), then my rack with the v-rack on top of that. (Currently in my first 20 minutes as of this post)

I plan on 3 hours of indirect, 1 hour in foil and the another hour or so of indirect with-out the foil, this is when I plan on putting some BBQ sauce.

I will keep everyone posted on how this turns out. I might post some pictures if I can get the picture size down, I currently only have an 8 mega-pixel camera and the picture size is a little on the large size. :)

I spent the last two weeks reading about the egg and I would like to thank everyone.

Websites like the NakedWhiz, Wessb, Wicked Good Charcoal, DizzyPigBBQ and of course the BigGreenEgg forums have been a wonderful resource for getting me started in this adventure.
Thank-You!

BBQInMilwaukee

Comments