Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everybody cooking today?

Options
Dr_Redwine
Dr_Redwine Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Me, myself, and I am cooking one of my favorite BGE forum recipes. Right now I am at stage 2 on some pulled beef ala Clay Q with 2- 4lb Angus Chuck Roasts. (My Dutch oven is a size 8 and is at capacity with 2 roasts. What's everybody else got going???[p]DrR

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Dr_Redwine, I've got three racks of loinbacks going since around 10 this morning. Put Big Daddy's Butt Rub on them about 8. Just started spritzing with apple juice at 1. Internal now is about 165°. Can't hardly wait till 195° or so. They's done when their done.

• Tujax
    Tujax Posts: 20
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    Going to try some sausage stuffed shrooms, then off to Hooters before an OHL hockey game!!

• Dr_Redwine,[p]First beef brisket. Plan to smoke overnight at 200F for as long as it takes. A long rest and eat tomorrow afternoon. Recommendations on smoke? Any suggestions would be appreciated.[p]Go Heels!!! Beat Clemson - make it 51-0 at home against the Tigers![p]Tar Heel
  • Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,[p]Cooking some burgers tonight before going to the Predators hockey game. Will put some ribs on in the morning to have after church along with some wings. Pizzas tomorrow evening for the Super Bowl and maybe some ABT's as appetizers.[p]JNK
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,[p]I'm making a stuffed meatloaf, using an onion for smoke. Also roasting a head of garlic and may do some of fishlessman's rellenos.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    Got two boston butts going for tomorrow's game. Also, cooking tomorrow, for the game, 3 racks of ribs, ABT's, crunchy wings, and bratwurst. Tonight, rack of lamb. It's really smellin' good around here!!

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,[p]Rubbed two butts for tonight’s cook. Both are within 3 oz’s of 7 pounds. I used Dr. BBQ’s Big Time rub on one and Bad Byron’s on the other. Will start my fire around 7pm Pacific Time and put the meat on around 8. Shooting for a serve time at the local tavern of 1 to 2pm. [p]Serving it with Piedmont style Vinegar sauce using Dr. BBQ’s recipe as a guide and Yellow mustard based sauce from the BBQ Bible Sauces book. Making Beans, coleslaw and maybe ABT's too. [p]Looks like a lot of us are doing butts today.[p]
  • Eggecutioner
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,[p]Ummm... Nothing really. It's poker night at the neighbors, and I just bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store....LOL.[p]E

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    Going to make some Jalapeno Pepper Jelly, followed by some BBQ sauce then some Sausage using rib trimmings. Should be good.[p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    Oh boy, smokin up some pulled beef..... Yummmmm. I gotta make some soon. [p]For lunch, cooked up three thick cut pork chops with white oak smoke, DianeQ's homemade Macintosh applesauce, Franks Bavarian style kraut and Bitter Woman India pale ale in my mug. Going to catch a nap and then take my girl friend to a movie. Tomorrow I'm thinking pizza- lots of talk about pizza on the forum. [p]Have fun and enjoy your pulled beef sandwiches!
    Clay

• Dr_Redwine,
    I have two butts on right now. Should be done about 6 or 7 this evening. [p]Chef Jerry

• Wiggle Wart Willie
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    I just took a couple of tri-tips off (my wife’s favorite).

Shawn
  • jerseymatt
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    A whole brisket rubbed w/ Dr. BBQ's smear. Just got it on!

• jerseymatt
    Options
    wholebrisket.jpg
    <p />Dr_Redwine,
    A whole brisket rubbed w/ Dr. BBQ's smear. Just got it on!

• bbqwizard
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,[p]I've got four racks of ribs on now. Pintos, and a cuccumber and tomato salad will go along with them. For dessert, it's double chocolate brownie, caramel ice cream, caramel sauce, whipped cream and strawberries (it's my free day)[p]Have a great one!
    phillip

• MakoBBQ
    MakoBBQ Posts: 230
    Options
    skew004.jpg
    <p />Dr_Redwine,
    Did some rosemary skewer chicken/vegatables/peppers at my wifes suggestion. Turned out to be a nice meal. She said something about getting the kids to bed early!
    skew003.jpg

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,[p]I put two pork butts on yesterday for today's game.[p]Hmmmm, good pulled pork and Steelers going bird hunting! What a great combination![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Dr_Redwine
    Options
    ClayQ,
    Man, I had a time with this cook. Very windy down here today. After the first 5 hours, they weren't quite at 160 (more like 150), but I pulled them off anyway and went to the dutch oven with them. From prior cooks I remembered this time to preheat the dutch oven in the kitchen oven prior to adding the roasts. It took a LONG time in the dutch oven to get them where they would pull (about 4 hours). Everything turned out OK in the end, but I would have been in trouble if guests were coming for supper last night...
    DrR

• Dr_Redwine
    Options
    thirdeye,
    An onion for smoke, huh? Now that's interesting. Fishlessman's Rellenos are a hit around here...
    DrR

• Dr_Redwine
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ ,
    Big Time is great on chicken, too.
    DrR