Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tomato Basil Risotto with Kale, Arugula, Mozz, and Grilled Chicken

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
Haven't posted a cook in a while but this is one of our faves. imageimageimageimageimageimage
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    dang, fancy. looks great
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Missed. Few pics....imageimage
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Love the colors. How's it feel to have your kitchen up and running again? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Man- I hate using photobucket so I try to do it all on my phone. I can't see the tiny thumbnails so they ended up all out of order. I should probably try harder but I don't see that happening :)). Anyhow, make risotto, put fancy veggies and herbs in said risotto. Put risotto on plate , add grilled chicken and put fancy cheese and balsamic reduction on top of that.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited December 2014
    Options
    caliking said:
    Love the colors. How's it feel to have your kitchen up and running again? :)

oh my god it's so nice. Been 3 months since we've cooked a full meal in here.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Nice looking meal :)

Looks like you have some well loved enameled CI as well LOL
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Wow that is seriously gourmet there Cen-Tex...
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    Wow that is seriously gourmet there Cen-Tex...

It's actually pretty easy. The hardest thing is to get the Risotto right. everything else you just throw in. All I did was grill chiken.This is TFJs wheelhouse. Shes a way better cook than me.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited December 2014
    Options
    hapster said:
    Nice looking meal :)

Looks like you have some well loved enameled CI as well LOL

for sure. This is actually the one I use for the egg. It's a cheapie and jet black from smoke(used to be blue).
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me. I would like to see more meat and less green stuff though ;) Just giving you a hard time brother Tex.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Nice looking meal. Just reno the kitchen? Induction cook top and polished concrete? Looks good.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice looking meal. Just reno the kitchen? Induction cook top and polished concrete? Looks good.

Yep. Gutted to the studs. Added some space and tons more countertop space. The induction is sweet! Counters are silestone but look like concrete and the island looks like travertine. Almost killed me but we are sure enjoying the extra space and fancy appliances. Needless to say, we will be eating at home quite a bit this year :D
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Honestly, after the fire I struggled with gas vs induction. Ended up with a 2 burner induction and the gas range. If I had it to do over I would have gone straight induction. So easy to keep clean and precise control. No worries about deep frying. If Norma hadn't bought me that dammit copper cookware I would have done it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker

Great looking Risotto, I can't get enough of that stuff. I usually alternate it with Barley Risotto for a change.

Sudbury, Ontario
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    Kitchen is looking good Cen-Tex.  

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Honestly, after the fire I struggled with gas vs induction. Ended up with a 2 burner induction and the gas range. If I had it to do over I would have gone straight induction. So easy to keep clean and precise control. No worries about deep frying. If Norma hadn't bought me that dammit copper cookware I would have done it.

We wanted has but you can't have it here. We have a tank for our pool that we were going to reroute but we couldn't get it past inspection. Frankly not that I've used the induction I'm glad. It's really cool.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lakewade said:

It's getting there. Just 4 more months and 6 more pay checks to go ;)
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You will be showing everyone that comes over how fast you can boil water but the best part is the way it can hold low temps. I could have easily gotten by without the sous vide.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

You will be showing everyone that comes over how fast you can boil water but the best part is the way it can hold low temps. I could have easily gotten by without the sous vide.

Yeah- this one has the Bosch autochef pan. The stove can measure the temp of the pan to maintain perfect temp for low and slow and frying. It's really cool.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Have you bought cookware yet? The Paderno (Canadian Paderno) is awesome.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

nope. Thanks for the tip. Just pressured up the pressure cooker in 35 seconds!!!! That's pretty cool.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Wow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• theyolksonyou
    Options
  • Little Steven
    Options

nope. Thanks for the tip. Just pressured up the pressure cooker in 35 seconds!!!! That's pretty cool.
    I swear the first six months I had it I was making people watch the water boil. Nobody came over for a few months after that. :-/

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I swear the first six months I had it I was making people watch the water boil. Nobody came over for a few months after that. :-/

yeah... I'm sure it was that.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Yeah- this one has the Bosch autochef pan. The stove can measure the temp of the pan to maintain perfect temp for low and slow and frying. It's really cool.
    Tell me yours has this too cause this is pretty f'n pimp.    B-)

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Tell me yours has this too cause this is pretty f'n pimp.    B-)

Yep. It's super badass. That's my model of top in the commercial. I got the super sweet pop up exhaust fan too. It's a giant squirrel fan that could suck start a Harley.
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options

It's funny because it's true. You guys went all in, but I don't know anyone else in the world who will "get their money's worth" more than you on something like building a new kitchen (and a few other endevours). Worth every penny and problem in my opinion.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lakewade said:

It's funny because it's true. You guys went all in, but I don't know anyone else in the world who will "get their money's worth" more than you on something like building a new kitchen (and a few other endevours). Worth every penny and problem in my opinion.

well it does make me more comfortable with our decision to go big knowing that perhaps the worst brake-man in the history of human kind is supportive of our efforts. I think I know a guy who once said "I didn't get in to this to save money".